Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal Advisor, Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB)
Job ID: 80402824_80355562
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business Segment: Corporate Functions
- The job holder will provide legal, regulatory, reputational and transactional advice and support in relation to the client coverage, investment banking , global markets and transactional products and services activities of Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC and Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited (together “Stanbic IBTC”), with the objective of assisting the business leaders of those businesses in achieving their business goals in a manner consistent with sound risk management.
- LLB Law Degree
- BL Degree with at least  years post qualification experience with a solid technical grounding in corporate and commercial law, capital markets, banking and finance, corporate banking, syndicated loans, corporate finance and derivatives.
- Has sound technical understanding of Nigerian law and experience in corporate and commercial law, capital markets, banking and finance, corporate banking, capital raising, syndicated loans, corporate finance and derivatives and ability to translate and apply this knowledge to optimise the Corporate and Investment Banking relationship.
- Knowledge and awareness of the legal and regulatory frameworks in Nigeria governing various aspects of corporate and investment banking;
- Competencies required in delivering accurate and relevant results and assessing risk including attention to detail, delivery of accurate and relevant research, proactivity and timeous delivery of requirements, ownership of problems, understanding of impact of non-delivery and sub-standard performance.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively apply verbal, nonverbal and written communication methods to achieve desired results using a flexible interpersonal style. Demonstrates a sophisticated level of front line negotiation skills and professionalism in dealing with others.
- Basic Financial skills and ability to explain financial modelling and valuations would be an added advantage
- Legal Drafting
- Legal Knowledge
- Legal Compliance
- Financial Industry Regulatory Framework
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Developing Expertise
- Showing Composure
- Articulating Information
- Interacting with People
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online