MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OSP Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent
- Manages all L2 escalations that relate to customers and the network.
- Oversees the workflows of L2 support team which comprises of L2 IP engineers and L2 TX engineers.
- From time-to-time, recommends changes to customers solutions and network designs with the aim of reducing operational cost, improving CX and creating more value for the business.
- Ensures that physical inventory levels are tracked and restocked as required
- Drive visibility and effectively manage repeat network/service and CX issues, across board and in a timely manner.
- Manage L2 Escalations & Prioritization, in terms of handling, in accordance with the approved OLAs for service segmentation e.g. High Capacity, High Profiled, Prime, Platinum, Gold, Silver and Mercury.
- Drive and Manage upward technical interactions (L3 Support, Network Planning & OEMs) in a timely manner and in ways that ensure that network and customers interests are protected.
- Lead and Manage Low level planning (i.e. upgrade, downgrade, service performance improvement etc.) of network and services in operations with the aim of improving performance and reducing Operation, Administration & Maintenance (OAM) cost.
- Ensures that approved OLAs/SLAs are met by way of seeking refined and more cost-efficient ways for the L2 Support Team to achieve their daily business objectives.
- Builds the knowledge base of the team such that engineers within the L2 Technical support team can handle supports across TX and IP domains.
- Provides and creates management visibility for escalations and/or CX issues that are repeated, prolonged or with technical ambiguities with the aim of protecting both the customers and the business interests across the spectrum of Cost, Quality and Timeliness.
- Effectively manage stakeholders (i.e. L1 team, L3, CX team, etc.) across the business with the aim of creating an ironclad force behind escalations resolution in a swift manner.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience as Technical Support Manager in a Telecommunications and/or Digital Communication Industry
- Ability to communicate at all levels (both technical and non-technical) with clarity and precision both written and verbally.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with diplomacy; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Fundamental understanding of engineering methodologies, values, and processes.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills.
- Strong knowledge of IP and Transport network protocols.
- Good understanding of technological trends and their applications within Africa.
Demands of the Job
- Time management
- Prioritisation and workflows management
- Working under pressure
- Can chase stuffs to closure
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Technically Savvy
- Very conversant with laptop as a tool
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online