Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Optimizer
Job ID: 2022-4636
Category: International Positions
- The Knowledge Management and Communications Optimizer will contribute to improving the visibility of the RISE program led by Jhpiego Nigeria.
- S/he will develop communications products to showcase the work of RISE to key constituents, including but not limited to the donor, Government of Nigeria, policy makers, partner organizations, the media, and academic and research institutions.
- S/he will communicate the mission, projects, events, resources and success stories as well as plan and coordinate promotional events and develop strategic communications, to various targeted audiences.
- S/he will support the development of multi-media user friendly communications for all RISE activities an support in documentation and archiving of RISE Knowledge management products.
- Increase visibility and outreach for Jhpiego programs – RISE through development of communications products
- Work closely with the RISE senior management and KM team to coordinate the implementation of a comprehensive internal and external relations, communications and publications strategy
- Execute the communications strategy and plan for RISE Nigeria
- Assist with development of communications plans for major tasks or projects as needed
- Develop stories/narratives about the work and best practices of RISE for a variety of media
- Develop and implement strategy for better internal communications of the RISE program
- Write narratives and program information in a reader friendly manner for use on the RISE and Jhpiego platforms and other channels
- Develop talking points for staff for media events
- Assist in the coordination of media and external events for the program
- Develop IEC materials, job aids, publications and presentations as needed
- Work with informatics and graphics support to develop infographic content to enhance quality of reports and communication products
- Adapt communications products to meet program needs
- Work closely with KM and communications team to organize knowledge sharing and capacity building activities and events
- Support the development of RISE knowledge management systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Mass Media, Public Relations or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in communications with NGOs, media houses or development agency .
- Experience working with infographics software.
- Experience working on knowledge sharing and transfer processes and activities.
- Ability to communicate and engage confidently; manage competing priorities.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including:
- Medical and dental plans
- Paid vacation
- Holidays and sick leave
- Personal accident insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Life and disability insurance
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.