The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge and Capacity Development Manager
Ref: Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2022-008
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National
Contract: 2 year renewable contract
- Work with HR to conducts regular training needs analysis to determine the most relevant and cost-effective training solutions for teams and staff that will improve individual / team knowledge, skills, and business performance.
- Work with HR and Managers to identify the training requirements tailored to the business needs and staff development; determines the priorities and plans a 12- month rolling cycle to create an institute-wide training calendar.
- Develop coaching, mentoring and secondment schemes to support staff development and the achievement of Personal Development Plans.
- Create awareness and coordinate continuing professional development programs.
- Work with HR to develop and implement effective induction programs.
- Provide support to Units/Special projects to implement external stakeholders’ capacity development activities as well as in-house staff development plans through needs assessments, design and implementation of trainings, training evaluations and feedback, and generate training reports to ensure capacity development needs (internal and external) are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Design, develop, implement, evaluate, and review training and capacity development programs using variety of modalities including advanced e-learning activities, webinars, instructor led trainings, etc.
- Contributes to the design, development and production of training materials, documents, and manuals to ensure consistency and quality of content and delivery to meet the specific needs of the training program.
- Make use of the Instructional System Design Model to design and develop course ware as well as engaging blended or multi-media learning activities for training.
- Identify and select training providers, evaluate training programs, review test results, and participants’ comments and manage feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program optimization.
- Promote learning on common good practices and exchange training programs.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate training materials; recommend revisions to existing training courses and possible areas requiring training courses.
- Market training services working closely with the Communications and contribute to updating training web pages.
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of the training information on the database / system for training delivery, reporting and record maintenance.
- Ensure effective logistics before and during training courses.
- Implementation including liaising with the venue, undertaking preparation of course materials in liaison with the trainers, supporting trainers to ensure the smooth running of all courses.
- Support the development and writing of proposals for capacity-development and training projects.
- Report on staff capacity development activities and assist the Head of CDO in
- developing annual budgets and plans.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Rural Development or any related fields with a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Have strong interpersonal and strong experience in designing and implementing training, knowledge sharing and learning programs skills.
- Have high knowledge of learning management systems (LMS) and curriculum development skills.
- Have high knowledge of capacity development impact assessment (methods and tools) skill.
- Have good experience in project and proposal writing skill.
- Have good communication skill (writing, reading, and speaking).
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.