Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Software Developer
Job type: Permanent
Department: Purepay – Transaction Switching & Payment Processing
- Responsible for executing software development and programming activities in alignment with project plans and strategies.
- Secure full functionality of key features of the code and to prepare software reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of the software and communicate potential execution hindrances and progress.
- Contribute to development of existing and new applications by analysing and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Contribute to development of new applications to meet customer requirements
- Follow software development project plan and execute programming and coding activities within budgetary margins and timeline
- Engineer efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex mobile applications
- Leverage programming tools that facilitate software development and coding
- Carry out end-to-end software development and maintain code sanitisation through regular debugging of the programme
- Introduce automation into software development processes, conduct automation testing and audits, and release automation practices
- Monitor, identify, and correct straightforward software defects to maintain fully functioning applications software
- Perform software management, change management, diagnostics, enhancement, optimisation, and system support functions (technical and user support) by diagnosing system problems and offering quick turnaround solutions
- Support relevant team leads in regular system testing to protect system safety from cybersecurity threats
- Collaborate with team of fellow software developers to align on software development progress and integration and implement mitigation measures if need be
- Attend meetings with Team Lead, Software Testing and Lead, DevOps to understand client needs and incorporate software improvements during software development phase
- Work with team of fellow software developers to draft weekly progress reports, and submit to software development team lead
- Maintain road map to facilitate application software development and ensure the development work is prioritised in line with business requirements
- Organise and prepare complex documents using a variety of computer applications such as Microsoft Office
- Also responsible for gathering and summarising data for special reports
- Create and ensure compliance with a companywide document management system
- Design various systems documentation (logical design specifications) to be used in implementing the systems, including architecture, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, etc
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of the software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development that enables job holder to deal with most situations and to advise others
- At least 2 years hand-on experience building and deploying high traffic consumer-facing Apps and platforms
- Experience should include use of some of the following modern development software and technologies:
- Mobile: (Android)
- Frameworks: (Laravel, Ionic, Angular1, Net)
- Databases: (MYSQL, MSSQL)
- Tools: (Cordova, Git, Maven, Gulp, Gradle)
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online