International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Programme Assistant (Logistics Support)
SVN No.: SVN2022.055
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organizational Unit : Disengagement, Disassociation, Reintegration and
IOM Classification: G35
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the DDRR Programme Manager and under the direct supervision of the RR
- Project Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative and general office programme
- support for the implementation of the Disengagement, Disassociation, Reintegration and Reconciliation (DDRR)
- Programme in Nigeria. In particular, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support; prepare purchase requests, requests for payment and follow up all procurement processes.
- Ensure proper documentation and filling of the project administrative and financial documents and data collection forms.
- Maintain an inventory database and assist in monitoring and maintaining a tracking system for all procurement and logistics requests.
- Prepare requisitions of all the supplies and activities, as assigned, ensuring accuracy in the specifications and timely delivery, collate procurement requests for approvals.
- Monitor and track stock of office supplies and orders, request for replenishment when required.
- Monitor office maintenance, supplies, organize repair of office equipment.
- Prepare travel authorizations and arrangements in conjunction with meetings, workshops, conferences, track and prepare itinerary, prepare associated documentations, facilitate visa application for staff and consultants.
- Support coordination of agendas of meetings, workshops, visits, study tours, and necessary logistics, etc.
- Undertake duty travel when necessary.
- Support the Project Manager on monitoring of budget expenditure, based on purchase request, and payment processes.
- Support the organization of knowledge management activities, and sessions for the programme staff.
- Assist, with the supervision of the Programme Officer, in all other administrative functions, as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- High School Diploma with at least three years of relevant experience; or Degree / Certificate from an accredited academic institution in Social Sciences / Humanities / Development Studies or related area; or an equivalent combination of Education, Training & Experience.
- Minimum of three years related experience (01 year for candidates holding bachelor’s degree); preferably within the United Nations or within an international organization.
- Experience in liaising with other national/international institutions, the UN and NGOs.
- Knowledge about peacebuilding and DDRR programming.
- Strong sense of details and accuracy in all matters.
- Reliable, able to work under pressure, good organizational skills and drive for results
- Knowledge of UN system and ideally of IOM procurement and financial rules and regulations.
- High level of computer literacy and good knowledge of MS Office application.
- Fluency in English and French required, working knowledge of multiple languages is an advantage.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Values
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2022.
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2022.055 Abuja. Junior Programme Assistant (Logistics Support) G3, DDRR.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.