Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full time
- The IT Officer will provide support and maintenance to FHI Nigeria computer and network infrastructure to ensure stable operations.
- S/he will implement new IT solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity and will maintain/support implemented systems to ensure high end-user satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and troubleshoot Server Systems and Networks, automated backup and restore operations and mission critical applications such as email, file/print services and other line of business applications to allow IT respond proactively to emerging problems and perform ongoing IT “housekeeping” functions.
- Perform installations of operating systems, layered products, and third party products for multi-user computer systems that host corporate applications, databases and websites.
- Assist and perform software installations and upgrades as required.
- Provide IT training on a periodic basis to FHI/Nigeria staff and partner organizations.
- Perform daily and periodic backups of all data on the servers. Ensure timely updates to Server and Client Systems. Study and apply Security patches and other updates or service packs as required.
- Make periodic visits to field offices to provide troubleshooting support, advise and build the capacity of FHI/Nigeria partners in order to maintain their computers at a reasonable level of operation.
- Work closely with developers and end users to ensure implementations match requirements.
- Provide on-going training to end-users and update of user manuals. Design, code and debug applications in various software languages.
- Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis.
- Perform software testing and quality assurance Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with at least 5 years post National Youth Service relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and not less than 3 years post National Youth Service relevant experience.
- Candidate must possess Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage. Experience with a multi-site network (at least 3 sites) with a minimum of 200 users is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel on hardware and software needs.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 2003 Server administration and Networking including Active Directory, Network Services – Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS) etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with backup/restore, email (Exchange 2000 and 2003) and performance monitoring applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Software Engineering, Software Development, Analysis, Project Management and Database development.
- Strong Competency in developing and debugging applications in languages/platforms including but not limited to C#, ASP.Net, PHP, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of web based, client/server and mobile applications.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.