Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Audit Officer – Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers
Job ID: 64823
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Financial Services
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- To ensure that the internal audit function of the SIPML provides quality services that complies with internal and international auditing standards and management expectations.
- To effectively and efficiently carry out planned assignments approved by the Board Audit Committee
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Having and applying knowledge of accounting and operations of investment schemes, Investment Banking and operations.
- Engage stakeholders and audit clients effectively.
- Carry out risk assessment by analysing the business environment and the impact of changes in the socio – economic and regulatory environment and the impact on SIPML.
- Draw up an Audit Plan based on the risk assessment
- Performing/leading audits in accordance with Internal Audit (GIA) methodology and professional practice standards; drafting of audit reports; presenting issues to the business; and discussing practical solutions.
- Understanding the interconnectedness of products departments and teams within SIPML and how they impact on the area of responsibility.
- Review applications/ systems to ensure functionality, availability and processing controls like segregation of duties.
- Assist in the implementation of information system projects and ensure that the relevant controls are in place from on set
- Apply data analytics tools to carry out automated audits of business processes with the objective of identifying controls gaps and providing data science insights.
- Drive Implementation of Robotic Audit process.
- Effectively Audit IT Application Controls and IT security to provide an audit opinion.
- Involvement in key strategic initiatives of the business to provide proactive advice/ change assurance on these initiatives
- Maintaining the use of best practices by researching and adopting new audit techniques where relevant.
- Reporting monthly and quarterly and annual audit results; issues validation;
- Drive Compliance with ISO 270001 information security standard within the business .
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Possess a First Degree in Accounting or a related field.
- A professional qualification such as CIA, CISA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA, COBIT or similar is a plus.
- Relevant experience in IT function with keen interest in business
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online