The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Analyst
Job #: req19062
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Required Language(s): English
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
About the Job
- The Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services sector team is recruiting
- Investment Analyst for their team to work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the origination, structuring, negotiation,and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects.
- Investment Analysts help identify new projects and assist Investment Officers in executing transactions and portfolio monitoring.
- This position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- IFC recruits Investment Analysts globally on two-year term contracts extendable to a maximum of four years. Upon completion of their contracts, investment analysts typically leave to pursue a graduate degree or additional work experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fully understands the financial aspects of investment or advisory transactions, including how to conduct market analysis and determine financial soundness of company or project opportunity.
- Demonstrated skill in financial statement analysis, accounting, finance, financial modeling, DCF, and comparable company analysis to support informed decision making.
- Ability to conduct market and industry research and analysis.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis,and diligence in the quality of one’s own work.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize debt pricing benchmarks and equity trading comparables.
- Basic understanding of how specific investments or advisory transactions in different industries and sectors impact economic, market, and social development, and how to use mapping methodology to assess market conditions, gaps, and business opportunities.
- Identify data collection needs to support the assessment of financial, operational, development impact, and market information as well as relevant ES&G matters. Coordinate with the client to obtain needed information.
- Demonstrates active listening skills by being attentive and listening to others to identify client and stakeholder needs.
- Able to distill and summarize large amounts of information from various sources to prepare business documents and presentations.
- Able to write in a logical and comprehensive, yet concise manner.
- Able to utilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data.
- Extract lessons of IFC’s earlier investments or advisory mandates and other evaluative work as relevant to provide input to the structuring of straight forward transactions.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
- Up to 3 years work experience in a financial institution, particularly in investment projects.
- Ability to develop complex financial models.
- Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments.
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standard, ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in additional languages is preferred.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2022 at 11:59pm UTC
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.