Abuja Clinics was established in 1989 as a health institution to provide efficient medical services to the then budding Federal Capital Territory (FCT). From humble beginnings it has grown into a group of 3 hospitals located in Karu, Garki and Maitama districts of the FCT . The group possesses advanced medical equipments to assist its team of highly qualified and dedicated health personnels. These equipments include but are not limited to the 64-slice CT scan unit, 4D-Ultrasonography, Mammography unit with stereotatic biopsy and Intra-operative C-arm fluoroscopy allowing for excellent diagnosis and cure. The hospital renders services in all major fields of medicine such as: Surgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Internal Medicine, Radiology and Dentistry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intensive Care Nurse
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Overall care of the patients in the ICU, Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for reactions.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions using standard monitoring tools.
- Maintenance and care of Peripheral Central lines.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
- Monitor patient’s condition and assess their needs to provide the best possible care and advice.
- Collaborate with intensivists and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
- Perform routine procedures (blood pressure measurements, administering injections etc.) and fill in patients’ charts.
- Escalate patient observations and problems via approved channels.
- Inspect the facilities and act to maintain excellent hygiene and safety.
- Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families.
- RN / RICN
- Must have a minimum of 2 years post qualification working experience in a hospital.
- Valid License from Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians, and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Experience in the emergency room or intensive care.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2022.