Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Innovation Project Lead
Location: Flexible (Nigeria) Employment terms will be based on local conditions
Type of Role: 9-month Fixed-Term Contract with the possibility of extension
Reports to: Global Lead – Youth Movements
- In this role as the Innovation Project Lead, you will be responsible for the success and scaling of the Equality Accelerator project, as well as for promoting innovation, digital inclusion, and feminist youth activist resourcing practices and movement building across Plan International.
- Equality Accelerator is an online platform where young activists can access accessible, sustainable, and democratic funding and non-financial opportunities. EA also includes a world-first smart flexible fund model with an inclusive, accessible, transparent application process; an agile, participatory selection process; and automated, youth-friendly reporting.
- You will act as product owner for the website, team of designers, web developers and QA consultants to ensure EA is maintained, up-to-date and that all bugs, glitches, or content errors are fixed in a timely fashion.
- You will also coordinate the development of new features or languages as EA to scaled to new contexts or as the need is identified.
- Additionally, you will coordinate the implementation of EA (both the website and the funding mechanism) across countries where it is currently being implemented, as well as identify opportunities to scale the project to new countries. Importantly, you will be responsible for resource mobilization to ensure the continued sustainability for the project.
- Finally, you will be an ambassador for innovation, digital inclusion, youth-friendly feminist resourcing and movement building across the organization. This includes participating in other initiatives related to youth resourcing as well as coordinating with other innovation teams to promote joint learning.
- You will have extensive experience in managing complex projects in international settings, as well as some experience developing inclusive digital products and in human-centered design.
- You will also have a demonstrated interest in working on gender and feminism and principles of feminist leadership and social justice.
- Ideally, you will have specific experience working with youth-led movements, and have an understanding of the ways in which youth organisations work and their needs and challenges.
- We will be happy to disclose the salary and applicable benefits to applicants as part of this process, however, please kindly note that this will vary according to the location of the appointed candidate and therefore, it is not possible to include full details here.
Application Closing Date
27th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online