United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Innovation and Partnership Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
- We are looking to for a candidate with good knowledge of product offering, deployment & support and an oversight of the sales of online and transaction banking products.
- The ideal candidate must have good knowledge of product offering and deployment with atleast of 2 years’ experience in fintech, telecommunications or payment service providers firms.
- To perform and manage all activities of the Innovation and Partnership team and grow the businesses/partnerships of various product lines.
Product offering, deployment, and support:
- Scope the market to identify opportunities for product sales in accordance with business requirements.
- Provide sale strategies to business offices and drive conversion of customers to UBA online and transaction banking products.
- Have oversight of the sales of online and transaction banking products in UBA.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to providing solutions/ services/ deployment of products to customers.
- Responsible for training and support of customers/ internal staff on products.
- Monitoring of customer’s feedback on experience of our products
- Promote active cross selling between cash management, channel solutions, collections and partnerships.
- Responsible for sales pitches and sales support for the corporate and commercial banking teams and other in country stakeholders.
- Agent identification, training, and support.
- Deployment of agent POS and solution.
Penetration and Profitability:
- Drive penetration on all product lines across all customers in all the branches.
- Ensure profitability of each product by monitoring and evaluating the performance of each product against the budget to attain budget achievement.
- Drive the strategy to acquire new clients, maintain existing ones and achieve revenue and profitability growth.
- Carry out requirement gathering of innovations in the market space vis-a-vis what competition offers.
- Identify market opportunities, potential hubs, and customer needs in order to proactively provide value adding products/ services that meet anticipated needs.
- Articulate winning strategies for UBA’s products penetration in the retail, commercial and corporate segments.
- Periodic rendition of online and transaction banking products performance and penetration reports to internal stakeholders for measurements and to drive growth.
- Maintain the quality of portfolio and collaborate closely with all business segments and other stakeholders.
- Evaluation and identification of client needs and market trends.
- Work with the marketing team to design bespoke product marketing & advertising campaigns.
Training and Development:
- Periodic conduct of training for branch staff, colleagues, subordinates, and customers.
- Ensure comprehensive Product training & communication to all staff and maintain high degree of product knowledge among all staff.
- First Degree in Science or any Science related course.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with 2 from a fintech, telecommunications, payment service providers or digital banking sales/support firms.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Time management skills
- Cost management
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Customer service orientation
- Communication skills (written and Oral)
- Interpersonal skills
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online