Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Systems Specialist
Location: Abuja with a frequent field visit
Type of Contract: 6 months fixed term renewable
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Carrying out assessments and ensures the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of all IT and tele-communications equipment according to MSF standards and protocols in order to ensure an optimal running of the project and the efficient use of the systems and equipment
- Defining procedures and ensuring the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the IT and telecommunications equipment and systems in the mission and participating in the establishment and/or revision of the budgets concerning ICT.
- Managing the ICT activities in support to and in close collaboration with the field responsible of the sector of activity (s) he is primarily in support. This includes the following:
- Identifying and implementing the information management practices to enhance the system’s effectiveness and reliability (development, check-up, deployment of applications, systems or new ICT standards)
- Supervising, implementing and monitoring security management protocols (data saving, firewall, backup, security for equipment and software) in order to ensure data security, availability and an immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency
- Ensuring that all IT and telecommunications equipment are correctly inventoried in direct link with the procurement team ensuring sufficient stock of spare parts and necessary tools for the maintenance, repair and replacement of defective equipment
- Informing the technical referent before all purchase of equipment or services and ensuring the preparation, tests, packing and documentation for all ICT equipment and networks before providing to users.
- Ensuring the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of statistical data on ICT (number of repairs, monitoring and abuse of internet and telephone use, general state of computer parts, etc.) and drafting a quarterly report on activities, informing his/her supervisor of all technical modifications of the mission. Monitoring guarantees/warranties and insurance and following up invoices
- Providing direct supervision and support to the Information Systems technicians as well as technical and educational support (briefing, training, etc.) to new users, relevant personnel, technicians, project radio operators and/or logistics experts dealing with information systems and managing user access to the information systems (communication tools, software, files, etc.)
- Performing delegated tasks specific to her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager
- have in constant availability in case of GSM based internet are shutdown to alternate the system with back up mainly Vsat.
- Ensure in all the location, all communication devices at the hibernation rooms are constantly checked, maintained and functional.
- Responsible that mission emails are produced according to the it policy and defined structure.
- Ensure all ITC equipment, tools and parts are carefully kept, recorded in stock or marmot and are monthly reported to the logistics coordinator.
- Ensure regular field visit to safeguard the It services are always at acceptable level.
- Be the focal point to follow document of IT, Contracts, Licenses, Payments.
- The main focal point for all the installation related to the It.
- Responsible for updating mission marmot and report it on the monthly bases.
- Make sure the renewal of equipment are well planned in the budget.
- Responsible for collecting all wasted equipment for recycling propose.
- Essential Degree in IT related field
- Essential MSF working experience of at least two years in related position
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.