Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT4D Specialist (Nigeria Nationals Only)
Job ID.: 220000CB
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- As the ICT4D lead for the Global Fund Malaria project team, you will facilitate the achievement of ICT4D objectives through coordinating and reporting on all ICT4D activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- In addition, you will oversee the day-to-day coordination of the ICT4D team as well as effective planning and oversight on the ICT4D implementation (in partnership with RedRose).
- This entails maintaining acceptable standards and thinking innovatively in order to ensure improved efficiency, accountability and transparency in the implementation of ITN mass campaigns in the targeted states.
- You will be required to analyze and provide solutions for ICT4D device issues- both in the office and on the field.
- You will be responsible for initiating and managing process improvements, following necessary approvals.
- You will monitor and report on performance of ICT4D functions and service delivery processes with respect to organizational needs. You will also enable knowledge management, decision-making, and programming effectiveness by ensuring efficient operations and use of CRS information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies, and by providing technical advice to CRS/partner staff on overall ICT systems.
- Finally, incumbent will work collaboratively with other teams to explore the use of ICT4D beyond the current expectations and create opportunities for newer innovations.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and support for the enablement of the RedRose technology and mobile devices to be used for the implementation of ITN mass campaigns in the GF Malaria program (supporting both CRS and Partners staff)
- Ensure RedRose systems are designed, implemented, configured and maintained to meet CRS program service requirements
- Act as the primary point of contact for the RedRose team in Istanbul, as they deploy and maintain the ICT4D system and devices across the GF program, to enhance program implementation effectiveness
- Support the RedRose team in ensuring quality system configuration, administration, security, and maintenance of the ICT4D devices for the successful CRS GF Malaria program implementation
- Advise and support ICT4D officers and other staff in executing good stewardship and efficient use of GF ICT4D resources
- Collaborate with relevant staff to create, document, and maintain ICT4D inventory and ensure adequate supply and functionality
- Ensure third-party suppliers are aligned to meet CRS business process requirements (Vendor Management)
- Oversee the ICT4D team, in identifying and implementing technology solutions to improve program efficiencies and ensure that the Cash and Asset Transfer (CAT) Strategy is successfully implemented
- Ensure timely response to user support requests or promptly escalate issues as needed
- Support staff orientation process for the ICT4D – RedRose technology and devices
- Ensure/Conduct user trainings, as appropriate by supporting ICT4D trainings at state and LGA levels for ITN mass campaigns
- Ensure the configuration of desktops, laptops and other peripheral devices to provide user access to agency business systems information
- Monitor ICT4D system operations and implement measures to ensure consistency in service delivery against established policies, procedures, and service standards
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight on the CAT platform management to all partners
- Collaborate with Procurement to ensure ICT4D equipment and software purchases are in line with CRS standards and in compliance with donor requirements
- Oversee the recruitment, training, and development of a competent pool of ICT4D officers (and Adhoc personnel) that can effectively discharge the responsibilities under the ICT4D portfolio
- Manage performance management process for supervisees and ensure timely turn around of all necessary documentations relating to talent development of team members.
- Collaborate with HR and other project stakeholders in the recruitment of adequate and resourceful Training and Technology Administrators (TTAs) and other Adhoc persons needed for project implementation
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices
- Any other role(s) assigned by the supervisor and project lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Sciences and other related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems)
- Minimum of 5 years work-related experience in ICT and Development sector
- Masters degree in a related field will be an added advantage
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Specialist or equivalent
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundations or equivalent and ITIL Foundation Certified desirable
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent desirable.
- Project Management certification highly desirable
- Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and management tools (especially ICT4D technology and tools)
- Knowledge of ICT4D trends, applications, and technologies
- Knowledge of MS Project and Office applications
- Excellent knowledge of backup and disaster recovery systems
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement
- Staff supervision experience a plus
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 60% of the time.
- You will supervise the ICT4D Officers and ICT4D Consultants
Key Working Relationships:
- Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, CRS Program and Operations teams.
- Global Fund Country Team, SRs, State Ministries of Health (SMOH), National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) within the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH), Technical and Financial Partners, Local Fund Agent (LFA)
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Application Closing Date
19th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- ***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
- EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions).