Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Supervisor
Employment Type: Contract (208 working hours per month)
- Executing the maintenance, follow-up and monitoring of all IT and Telecom equipment, tools and services
- Ensuring onsite technical support and training of users under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures, in order to guarantee the efficient use of all IT and Telecom services and infrastructure.
- Monitoring, maintaining and following up on all Information Technology (IT) and Telecom equipment, tools and services in the mission, in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures.
- Supervising, implementing and improving data security protocols (data saving, firewall, User Access right, backup, security for equipment and software, etc.) to ensure data security, availability, and immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency.
- Providing technical support and presenting MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures to all users. Providing advanced technical support to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems. When needed, liaise with the Information Systems (IS) Specialist and/or HQ Technical Referent for 2nd line support, as well as with external providers, to ensure any incidents or problems that cannot be solved at his/her level are appropriately escalated.
- Providing educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to all users. Providing advanced educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems.
- Providing regular activity reports for the sites under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF guidelines. Updating and archiving all user and ICT (Information and Communications Technology) related documentation due to changes in the IT and Telecom infrastructures.
- Participating in the establishment of the annual budget of the IT and Telecom families. Providing his/her technical expertise in the local purchase process.
- Planning, preparing and reporting the visits to the site(s) under his/her responsibility to ensure the preceding points.
- Performing any other task, specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
- Degree in ICT / Computer Science
- 2 years professional ICT experience including 2 years’ experience with NGOs
- Fluency in English
Skills and Competences:
- Expertise in latest version of Microsoft Operating System and business applications (Office365).
- Good knowledge of computer hardware and maintenance processes, network theory and their respective protocols, main email systems, IT security best practices and IT service management tools (ITSM).
- Understanding in Server Management (latest version of Microsoft Operating System, Active directory) and virtualization (Hyper-V).
- Understanding of radio telecommunication concepts (HF, VHF, GSM, Satellite).
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online