The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ICT Officer
Job Identification: 5968
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Category: Information Technology and Systems
Reporting line: Area Manager, Jos
Technical Reporting Line: ICT Coordinator
Duration of contract: 8 months renewable.
- We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
- If you are those people, the Norwegian Refugee Council in Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate ICT Officer to join our ICT Team in Maiduguri, Borno State.
- The purpose of the ICT Officer position is to establish and implement NRC Information & Communication Technology systems and procedures.
- To be successful in this role you will be a tech-savvy, IT professional, a confident communicator with excellent relationship-building skills, and capable of establishing strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels while supporting new initiatives and learning projects across the country.
- If you are a highly organized individual, comfortable with working in a remote environment, and have previous experience in ICT Management, we would love to hear from you.
- Adheres to and supports for implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Visit NRC field offices to provide support for internet setup on new bases according to ICT-HO Standards.
- S/he will oversee the staff support, ICT Policy compliance, hardware/software including troubleshooting’s for the smooth running of business operation of the Area Office and sub deep field offices under his responsibility.
- Ensure performance monitoring of ISP links to the assigned duty office.
- Provide proactive and responsive support to all end-users including field offices by implementing a helpdesk system that will capture regular support issues for the purpose of generating management information required for performance improvement.
- Report to the ICT coordinator the breakdowns and difficulties encountered in the resolution of incidents.
- Ensure delivery of client Microsoft Outlook setup and troubleshooting outlook issues and webmail access.
- Ensure preventive maintenance of computer equipment according to the policies in place and after consultation with the ICT coordinator.
- Manage the Local Area Network (LAN) and the Wireless Local Area Network, with aim of optimal performance of the network infrastructure for Internet connections (fibre, radio, VSAT), access to cloud applications, data storage, and backup on the Cloud (0365), Cisco Meraki networks, UPS and backup power systems, security of ICT installations (air conditioning, electricity, physical access), desktop computers and laptops, smartphones, software, and mobile applications.
- Send the monthly report of anomalies to the ICT coordinator for verification and compilation.
- Ensure delivery of critical Microsoft Windows (Client) operating system patch and updates of network schema.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven record of accomplishment of professional experience in ICT Management, the proper functioning of LAN, Server, E-mail system, and internet connectivity.
- Ability to ensure total compliance with NRC ICT policies, rules, and procedures
- Confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels, and challenge with humility when necessary
- Intuitive and empathetic, able to relate to others and build report
- Highly organized, capable of operating within multiple reporting lines and managing multiple priorities successfully
- Experience in working within a team, meeting workload requirements, and being as effective through delivery as possible.
What We Offer
- At NRC we think creatively. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face
- You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- Learn on the job: NRC’s collaborative working style favors the exchange of good practice and lessons learned.
- At NRC, employees learn on the job and are encouraged to look for opportunities to develop new competencies. NRC managers prioritize the quality work and the competency development of their staff. This entails giving newcomers a good start, following up, training, and mentoring employees to allow them to perform well in their current job, offering learning and development programmes.
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2022 at 01:00 AM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and to join a work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility
- This position is open to National candidates only. We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.