Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Officer
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – WASH
Level: Programmes – WASH
Reporting to: WASH Programme Manager
Proposed start date: October 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Hygiene Officer who will be responsible to ensure quality implementation of the Public Health Promotion and Non-Food Items distribution of the WASH project.
- In coordination with the WASH Programme Manager, revising and adapting hygiene promotion training and IEC materials in line with the local context (should be drawn up as a communication plan) and in line with target groups to be trained.
- Continually assessing emergency needs, as requested, especially taking in the broader perspective of public health.
- Plan beneficiary selection and registration, and lead the distribution of NFI kits with the Field Assistant team.
- Prepare training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct trainings for both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Assist the WASH Program Manager in the development of technical guidelines and tools for hygiene promotion services.
- Representing the organization at local level WASH meetings and technical working groups relating to Public health promotion and NFI distribution as required by your line manager.
- Setting performance missions for staff under direct management, conducting one-to-one meetings and performance appraisal in line with Action Against Hunger performance management policies as well as identifying areas where support and capacity building is required.
- Ensure team coordination and integration with other WASH technical team members.
- Minimum of Diploma in Public and Environmental Health, Hygiene, and Sanitation related field.
- Previous experience in supervising hygiene promotion activities;
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Two to three years of relevant work experience.
- Microsoft Office software skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Willing and ability to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English Hausa, Kanuri, and Shuwa language.
- Experience working in an emergency program (RRM) will be an added advantage
Starting Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN326,033 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply