The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Access Coordinator
Job Identification: 5021
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Health, Safety and Security
Level: Grade Level 7 (Nigerian National)
Reports to: Country Director – Maiduguri
Travel: 75% travel to other implementing LGA’s
Duration and type of contract: 10 Months (till Dec. 31 2022 – Renewable)
- NRC is looking for a Humanitarian Access Coordinator for Nigeria. The purpose of the Humanitarian Access Coordinator position is to promote humanitarian access and coordination efforts, support the day-to-day implementation of the NRC Project in implementation sites, deliver training to staff on day to day negotiation, humanitarian principles and contribute to evidence-based advocacy, work closely with program advocacy, security and access teams to ensure a unified reporting information-sharing on access constraints, enablers, and statistics.
Humanitarian Access Management and Strategy Implementation:
- Design, in a participatory manner with Area offices and programme unit (CCs), NRC humanitarian access strategy for CO.
- Develop, in a participatory manner, access work plans with Area and field offices.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of access-related initiatives, and other reporting and information/communication flows.
- Support access innovation initiatives in all NRC Area offices.
- Provide area-based access analyses supporting operational implementation or programme development.
- Support Country Director & HSS Manager in mentoring field staff on access and humanitarian principles.
- Collate and compile monthly access report in consultation with all CCs, Area Managers, Program Coordinators and submit to HSSM & Country Director.
- Maintain and update area specific actors and stakeholder mapping, and access constraints tracker for all NRC locations.
- Continuously and proactively monitor and evaluate the political, economic, social, and humanitarian situation for developments affecting humanitarian access, to inform NRC’s response.
- Collaborate with the Area Managers and Advocacy team to respond to monthly access-advocacy global surveys.
Access Coordination Support:
- Support the facilitation of access coordination groups which NRC participates in and leads.
- Participate in all Access Working Group meetings, Civil – Military Co meetings and ad hoc meetings as may be required from time to time.
- Participate as required in Area Office coordination meetings.
- Provide briefings, following special research or assessments, to access groups.
- Facilitate field-level coordination meetings, particularly in LGAs
- Conduct regular visit in all NRC field locations including those with potential for interventions and work closely with NRC RRM and other CCs.
Humanitarian Negotiations and Community Outreach:
- Represent NRC as a humanitarian organization in community outreach meetings and in access negotiation meetings with government and non-government stakeholders.
- Strategically network with interlocutors, in a fully principled and transparent manner.
- Coordinate humanitarian negotiations and community outreach plans with all NRC field offices
- Develop training plans for staff on humanitarian principles, negotiation and mediation and CIMCORD.
- Advocate and support field staff to undertake online Access trainings on NRC platform.
- Degree Level: University, Advanced qualification
Application Closing Date
9th March, 2022 by 1:00 AM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is open for Nigerian Nationals Only.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.