Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Location: Abakalilki, Ebonyi
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise Project Coordinator on set up (org chart) and together with the HR Coordinator, update the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, calculate the HR operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the project and to facilitate budget following-up.
- Ensure hiring, carry out amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at the project level, according to labour local laws, archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance.
- Assist the Project Coordinator, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities.
- Supervise/perform payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of national employees of the project are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments.
- Under supervision of the HR Coordinator, ensure indexation process of national staff salary grids in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites.
- Support, in close coordination with the HR Coordinator, the project line managers in detecting training needs, in properly evaluating people performance and in potential identification, in order to improve people capabilities, and their end results contribution to mission goals.
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HRCo, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Together with the Project Coordinator, support the line managers in implementing the internal communication policies in order to boost staff active participation and MSF commitment.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and HRCo, applies the administrative procedures part of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (e.g. Ministry of Health, etc.) and MSF.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and HRCo, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project.
- Ensures all staff in the Project (National, International, Regional, visits, etc.) is properly briefed and/or inducted.
- Working closely with the medical department in the assessment and determination of correct staff levels for the different seasons according to activities
- Collaborating with respective government ministries to implement the incentive system to support the project medical activities for Lassa Fever.
- Focus on learning and development for the team within the project to ensure annual performance evaluations are completed and learning needs are identified and a follow up plan is put in place to address learning needs for the rest of the year.
- Responsible for involvement in project annual budgeting planning review departmental needs and address these through HR strategies for the continuation of project activities.
- Be a strategic partner to departmental managers in the project in the support the understanding and compliance with HR policies and processes
- Support the ongoing development of the direct report (HR and L&D Assistant) in the undertaking of their role to ensure effectiveness and efficiency for the department especially but not limited to the management of the domestic team.
- Collaborate with the Logistics and Operations department for movements in and out of the project location.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in HR, Management or Administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel databases and MS Office (Outlook, Word)
- At least 2 years in a similar managerial position with Human Resources or Administration
- Good knowledge of local administration and local labour law context
- Desirable 2 years experience within an INGO within the HR or Administration department
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Only applications submitted electronically will be considered for review.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.