The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Policies Specialist
Employment Type: Temporary Contract – one year
- The incumbent drafts and reviews HR policies and guidelines, recommends solutions based on applicable regulations, rules and general principals.
- S/he identifies and assists in solving HR policy related gaps and misalignments that are relevant to meet the needs of the OPEC Fund.
- This is done by researching and collecting legal references and benchmarking HR policies with comparable international institutions.
- The incumbent is also responsible for communicating and promoting rules and procedures, as well as monitoring their compliance and implementation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews existing policies, frameworks and procedures to assess their adequacy and alignment with the emerging needs and strategy of the Organization
- Formulates new HR policies in close collaboration with the Head, HR Policies and Development and works with different HR functions to collect relevant inputs
- Identifies policy flows and misalignments by conducting comparative analysis of current HR rules and benchmarking against other international organizations
- Drafts amendments to HR policies, reviews comments and edits from stakeholders, addresses queries and updates documents, as required
- Recommends policy changes and innovative approaches on how these can be addressed
- Reviews proposed changes, advises on feasibility and potential risks
Policy Communication and Implementation:
- Contributes to the successful roll-out of policies and procedures, promoting the use of new processes and introducing new approaches
- Develops systematic feedback mechanisms to assess policy impact and effectiveness
- Develops appropriate communication strategies to promote awareness, understanding and support for HR policies across management and staff
- Assists with the interpretation of HR provisions as well as exceptions and precedents
- Advises management on HR policy applicability, acting as a policy adviser within the HR Unit
- Ensures consistency across HR policies and provisions, flagging misalignments, if any
Reporting and Policy Planning:
- Ensures alignment of initiatives with overall HR strategy and program
- Tracks the progress of HR policy related initiatives, reporting regularly to the Head, HR Policies & Development
- Drives the assessment of HR policy related projects and reports to management by consolidating results and feedback received
- Conducts in-depth research and studies on both legal and factual aspects of the issues of HR, keeping abreast of the developments in the field and in comparable international organizations
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the HR Director and Head, HR Policies & Development
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law, International Management, HR, Public or Business Administration or other related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a relevant field.
- Preferably 2-3 years at a responsible level in a large organization, preferably international in nature.
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of German, French, Arabic, or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Proven ability to follow existing process with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Extensive knowledge in the usage of office technologies, such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), intra/internet as well as on-line database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Good interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to create, develop and analyse policies in an efficient and timely manner. Must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online