The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HeRON (Health Resilience of Northeast Nigeria) MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) Technical Officer
Requisition ID: req31344
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Regular
HeRON Project Overview
- FCDO/USAID Health Resilience of Northeast Nigeria (HeRON) Service delivery project in Borno and Yobe states supports delivery of quality integrated primary healthcare, reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health services, to improve evidence-based decision making, accountability at all levels of service delivery.
- IRC leads a consortium of humanitarian and development implementing partners (Action Against Hunger – AAH, Society for Family Health Nigeria – SFH).
- The Project team is working alongside states and local government authorities, strengthening their capacity to effectively deliver quality integrated primary healthcare, reproductive, maternal, and newborn and child health and nutrition services.
Job Overview / Summary
- The HeRON MEAL Technical Officer will report to the HeRON Consortium Senior M&E Manager.
- S/he will be responsible for the implementation of M&E systems and processes for the IRC led HeRON Consortium, ensuring consistent use of M&E approaches, data management, data quality and facilitates learning.
- The role requires extensive Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning experience, and good understanding of organizational MEAL approaches and understanding of working in a consortium led project.
- The post holder will be expected to provide technical support in data gathering, aggregation, MEAL tool development, support electronic data platforms, databases and select technologies to capture and organize data in a usable format.
- S/he will work collaboratively with consortium MEAL teams in partner organizations and support health M&E officers within the IRC.
Consortium MEAL (70%):
- Support with ensuring all consortium led MEAL activities are up to date and tracked
- Carry out routine quality checks, ensuring all partner organizations are captured
- Support HeRON Snr. M&E Manager with planned surveys
- Ensure Project Cycle Management tool is updated monthly, making sure that the key project indicators sheet, Activity tracker sheet, and learning tracker tool, are up to date
- Harmonize all partner databases and Indicator Tracking Sheets monthly
- Support with data validation of databases and ITS shared by Implementing partners
- Provide summary sheets for quarterly reports and annual reports
- Develop and track procurement plan for HeRON MEAL consortium activities.
- In consultation with the Senior M&E HeRON Manager, organize lesson sharing events to fertilize learning across different partners.
- Support with developing tools that aid documenting, storing and sharing lessons learned that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice;
- Ensure established client feed-back Mechanism across all Partners organizations are in place and provide feedback on CfM through on-the spot checks
- Develop/implement innovative ideas as regard to client feedback mechanism and ensure effective use of existing feedback mechanisms (FGD, hotline facilitation, suggestion boxes, exit interviews, IEC materials, radio jingles)
- Carry out data quality audits
- Carry out field monitoring activities
- Support with organizing lesson sharing events
- Support the HeRON Snr. M&E Manager in the implementation of HeRON project MEAL systems, and measurement tools in line with the IRC MfA framework/MEAL Handbook.
- Responsible for maintenance of folders on box
- Responsible for HeRON MEAL administrative tasks.
Consortium MEAL Health Systems Strengthening (30%):
- Support the Snr. HeRON M&E Manager with M&E stakeholder engagement activities
- Follow-up on and track action plans from stakeholder meetings
- Support with setting up meetings and stakeholder follow-up on commitments
- Ensure adequate data tools are available at HeRON supported health facilities
- Support dissemination meetings
- Produce and archive meeting minutes and reports.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Consortium Senior M&E Manager
- Close Interaction with HeRON Coordination team: HeRON Team Lead, HeRON Deputy Team Lead, Governance Manager, HeRON Coordination Manager.
- External: Implementation partners (M&E focal points).
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, International Development, Public Health or a related field
- Work Experience: Minimum of four years of relevant experience in MEAL, research, and or analytics. Experience in Health Systems Strengthening M&E will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated Technical Skills: Demonstrated knowledge tracking and analyzing project indicators and capturing best practices and lessons learned to incorporate into project activities.
- Languages: English and Hausa
Computer / Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Add position-specific (e.g. accounting software, statistical software, etc.).
Ability to Travel:
- 30% of time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.