World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Information Management & Risk Assessment (HIM) Lead
Job ID: 2203940
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Two years
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Objectives of the Programme
- The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to help countries, and to coordinator international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies.
Description of Duties
- Team lead, responsible for overseeing the work of the Information Management unit and/or coordinating the work of Information Management assets located throughout disparate units.
- Manage the timely and high-quality collection, analyses, production and dissemination of data/information.
- This includes response specific information (what, where, who, how many, how quickly, current status), internal and external situation reports (SitReps), bulletins, rapid needs assessments, health risk assessments, and the Public Health Situation Analysis; and health inputs into humanitarian needs overviews (HNO), and strategic response plans (SRP).
- Lead the development of project documentation based on the overall strategy and plan, for use by the emergency leadership to mobilize resources.
- Continually adapt planning and project documents based on available information and revolving emergency situation, as required; this includes planning and management of human and material resources, expenditure, status of interventions and partner activities, progress towards achieving objectives, etc.
- Responsible for the development and improvement of field information management procedures at the local and regional levels to ensure that information management in the field provides the best possible functionality and usability to stakeholders
- Ensure inter-cluster communication and information sharing.
- Oversee and design complex field epidemiological surveys if/where needed, such as mortality and vaccination coverage surveys
- Build the capacity of team members and partners involved in the planning and data / information management process; provide ongoing technical guidance and training on data gathering and analysis, quality assurance, performance monitoring, information dissemination and management.
- Perform any other related duties, as required by the functional superviso.
- Essential: An advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in Information Management, Public Health, or Epidemiology; Business or Public Administration, complemented by training in information management from an accredited / recognized institute.
- Desirable: Specialization in planning and/or information management systems. Specific training in humanitarian response or emergency information management.
- Essential: At least 7 years of related experience in information management, monitoring, needs assessment, project management, data management and information dissemination in the public health sector or health development sector, at national and international levels, part of which in emergency management or humanitarian context in leadership positions. Experience in developing and promoting collaborative partnerships.
- Desirable: Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies; experience working in relevant non-governmental or humanitarian organizations. Experience in developing countries.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills, negotiation skills.
- Advanced ability to design, manage, analyze and coordinate complex information system projects, computer-based applications and databases, web-based tools
- High level of analytical skills.
- Knowledge of programme management and functioning of WHO and the UN system is an asset.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Creating an empowering and motivating environmen.
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 75,602 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 3194 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2022 at 10:59:00 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online