First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Technology / Engineering
Job Identification: 531
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Develop and implement best practices for the technical aspect of the Digital Innovation Lab’s strategy, ensuring alignment with business goals and aspirations
- Discover and implement technologies that yield competitive advantage for FirstBank and its subsidiaries profitably
- Define technology road map with organisation and business goals, envisioning the tech stack required to scale the business with a long-term technology vision.
- Manage the Solution Support Specialist team who is responsbile for Software architecting and Solution Infrastructure setup, Solution deployment and Solution Support
- Responsible for solution engineering for Products developed by the Lab, ensuring they meets set requirement and expectations of internal and external customers
- Manage relationships with vendors required to scale Development efforts – this include ourtsourcing development work or acquisition of platforms to scale new and existing products within the Lab
- Be the primary laisor with the CTO and CIO functions to achieve technical deliverables of the Lab
- Develop team quality metrics and implements strategies to ensure optimum team performance
- Manage relationships with external and internal technology stakeholders
- Coaches and mentors team members, providing guidance and support at all levels
- Identifies competency gaps for team members and recommend trainings to close gaps
- Work with Product conceptualization leader to develop products that create value for the customers and bank.
- Participates in idea generation sessions. Specifically provides guidance on technical feasibilty of the proposed idea
- Ensure on-time launch of Products or Solutions by managing Software development, integration and deployment efforts in line with best practice.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Information entrusted while delivering projects.
- Comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook.
- Performs other functions as may be required for the business to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Minimum of a First Degree or its equivalent in Computing or related disciplines
- Masters, MBA or a recognized professional certification will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in a technology environment
- 5 years’ experience in Supervisory function – people and process management.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2022 at 09:05 AM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online