Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Merchant Success, JumiaPay
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Head of Merchant Success will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing merchant success strategies based on JumiaPay goals and objectives to drive growth, retention, stickiness and delightful experience for merchants and customers of merchants.
- Responsible for the end to end experience of merchants and their customers from onboarding to go-live and ongoing usage of our payment facilitation solutions.
- The head of merchant success shall build the merchant success capabilities of JumiaPay by leading our merchant success team and developing the tools, processes and systems that truly delight our customers, support their growth and make them our biggest advocates.
- This role requires good foresight and strong analytical skills to make sense of the customer needs, market trends and ensure the company proactively identifies opportunities to take advantage of changing consumer behavior, industry and market landscape better than competitors.
- Develop and execute the Merchant success, experience and support strategy and plans for Nigeria to increase merchant satisfaction, retention, transaction volume/value, market share and revenues.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and management to the customer success team , establishing a customer focused, result-oriented and performance-based culture across the organization.
- Play a critical role in the Country leadership team by providing leadership and guidance to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures, policies, systems and people are in place for successful execution of the merchant success strategy.
- Foster and manage relationships with merchants, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to improve merchant experience, growth, retention, long-term relationships and preference for JumiaPay.
- Be the voice of the customers and the challenger of status quo; Identify, analyze and channel market needs to the Country management team and the Global Product, Operations and Merchant success organizations to ensure effective and efficient response to delight merchants, help them succeed and accelerate company’s growth and success.
- Set up, manage and continuously improve the channels of engagement with merchants and customers of merchants to make it easy for them to reach us and have their needs met.
- Perform market research, analyze best practices, threats and opportunities as it relates to merchant success, experience and support. Implement proactive response strategy to delight merchants and be their preferred partner ahead of competitors
- Track, measure, analyze, manage and continuously improve merchant success metrics, KPIs e.g MSAT, CSAT, Speed of Resolution, Time to Go-live etc
- Successfully translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning efforts with the customer success team, other key JumiaPay stakeholders and the broader organisation.
- Ensure the Merchant Success team provides the necessary support to internal stakeholder organizations including Sales, Product, Operations, Corporate Relations, Risk, CSS and Legal towards achieving the organisational goals and objectives.
- Establish and foster excellent working relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management. Maintain and build rapport with peers, colleagues and functional teams across JumiaPay and the Jumia group to collaborate, exchange, learn and leverage best practices
- Maintain current and up to date knowledge of technologies, products, services, digital payments, acquiring solutions to provide thought leadership and support to customers, sales team and other internal and external stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the country management teams, represent JumiaPay on industry bodies and forums.
- Requires local market and regulatory knowledge, functional experience in acceptance, merchants acquiring, commercial management, consulting, financial transaction processing knowledge, support, service management and operations, preferably from an ecommerce merchants acquiring and payment facilitation environment.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10 years experience with at least 5 years in Merchant Success/Support Team
- Leadership experience in Fintech, Bank and other Payments / Financial Institutions.
- Good foresight and strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, analytical capabilities and work books.
- Ability to understand and communicate local market needs
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online