Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Key Accounts
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Commercial – Key Account Management
- Accountable for Sales and Revenue growth from Jumia Key Sellers, including shared ownership of Customer Acquisition and Engagement goals.
- Supports Key Account Managers in negotiating commercial terms, signing contracts, and building sound margin structures.
- Partners with Jumia’s key business partners to grow their assortment and business on Jumia.
- Full P&L ownership. Accountable for profitability of respective businesses and shared responsibility over subsidy budgets.
- Build and maintain senior level relationships with Jumia’s key partners, acting as the first point of escalation.
- Build and maintain senior level relationships with internal Jumia teams, this role is expected to work closely with Marketing, Finance, Content, and Tech teams.
- Owns weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting aspects for their respective teams and business partners.
- Hire and develop a high performing, diverse team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, or relevant field of study or equivalent experience.
- Relevant work experience, ideally in Retail or Electronics related industry
- Demonstrated ability to optimize spend to achieve business goals.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing a team.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining senior level contacts.
- Broad commercial awareness developed in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to absorb and use data to drive fast accurate decisions for the customer.
- Excellent communication and proven analytical skills.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online