Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Growth, JumiaPay
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Head of Growth will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing commercial strategies based on JumiaPay goals and objectives to drive growth and profitability.
- Responsible for managing key acquirers and merchant relationships with a focus on growth, retention and long-term profitable relationships.
- The person taking this role should be able to understand and communicate local market needs to the Country management team and the Global Merchant Sales & Acquiring organizations, so they are able to effectively and efficiently define market-specific strategies for penetration, growth and market leadership.
- Develop and execute the MS&A strategy and business plans for Nigeria to increase merchant acquisition, transaction volume/value, market share and revenues.
- Play a critical role in the Country leadership team by providing leadership and guidance to ensure all necessary sales tools, processes, procedures and staff are in place for successful execution of the strategy.
- Foster and manage relationships with merchants, acquirers and other stakeholders to drive growth, retention, long-term relationships and preference for JumiaPay. Develop focused strategy and plan for key accounts management, retention and growth.
- Identify and analyze market needs and opportunities, develop new initiatives/solutions, implement marketing/usage initiatives and strive to accelerate company’s growth and success.
- Perform market research, analyze threats and opportunities and implement response strategy.
- Collaborate, coordinate and train diverse teams such as marketing, sales and customer service.
- Track, measure, analyze and manage commercial metrics, KPIs, expenditures, financial goals and budgets.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and management to the direct reports (Sales Team), establishing a customer focused, result-oriented and performance-based culture
- Successfully translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning efforts of the MS&A organizations with other key JumiaPay stakeholders.
- Ensure the MS&A team provides the necessary leadership and support to local Clients/country and to internal stakeholder organizations including Sales, Product, Operations, Corporate Relations, Risk, CSS and Legal
- Establish and foster excellent working relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management. Maintain and build rapport with peers and other MS&A colleagues and functional teams across JumiaPay to exchange, learn and leverage best practices
- Maintain current and up to date knowledge of technologies, products, services, digital payments, acquiring solutions to provide thought leadership and support to customers, sales team and other internal and external stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the country management teams, represent JumiaPay on industry bodies and forums.
- Requires local market and regulatory knowledge, functional experience in acceptance, merchants acquiring, commercial management, consulting, financial transaction processing knowledge and client sales, preferably ecommerce merchants acquiring sales.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10 years experience with at least 5 years in Sales/ Business development Team
- Leadership experience in Fintech, Bank and other Payments / Financial Institutions.
- Good foresight and strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, analytical capabilities and work books.
- Ability to understand and communicate local market needs.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online