FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Customer Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the delivery of a seamless high quality service across all customer facing teams.
- Overall responsibility for the development, performance and maintenance of the customer service activities of the organisation.
- Meet set targets and those of the team as a whole (CSAT, NPS, Quality Score, Surveys).
- Look at ways to reorganise and improve operational area.
- Provide inspirational leadership to our service teams.
- Contribute to training and development of the team.
- Consider and evaluate different approaches of working.
- Drive service excellence with a focus on achieving continuous improvement
- Define and deliver the operational strategy.
- Streamline business processes to enhance efficiency.
- Oversee our technical support, customer service, quality management and business support teams through an existing management structure.
Day to day responsibilities for the team:
- Direct and manage all the customer service activities
- Direct, manage and monitor the overall performance of the customer services team
- Effective liaison, support and assistance between customer services department and rest of organisation
- Maintain and improve mechanisms for surveying and measuring customer satisfaction and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
- Utilise CRM system to manage the functions of receiving, assessing, analysing, resolving and documenting customers’ issues and complaints in accordance with agreed requirements
- Development of plans for customer services activities to include customer management to achieve satisfaction targets
- Support to all other departments with customer service and related issues
- Subject to agreed criteria, recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met
- Reporting (content and format as agreed) on a monthly basis or as otherwise required
- Developing plans for team activities to include strategy to achieve agreed targets
- Delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
- Manage and maintain contact with internal and external client/customers for feedback and to obtain client/customer satisfaction information
- Set an example for team members of commitment, customer service knowledge, work ethics and habits and personal character
- Maintain accurate customer service records
- Control expenses to meet budgetary controls
- Adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
- Interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and clients/customers
- 10 years experience in a similar role within a dynamic, technology led business
- Experienced in leading multiple customer facing teams.
- Adaptable management style in order to get results and help individuals achieve their full potential Experience of driving change initiatives in a service based environment.
- Demonstrable leadership & change management skills.
- Ability to influence others to get results; including using appropriate standards of business communication (written/verbal).
- Ability to plan and organise a sizable workload Effective interpersonal skills – including approachability to all levels of internal/external contacts
- Evidence of working at senior level within a growing business
- Ability to work both strategically and operationally.
- Capable of visioning future workable solutions as well as a willingness to roll your sleeves up and get involved in day to day operations
- Strong interest in improving the knowledge & skills of others
- Excited by the Internet and emerging technologies
- Adaptable and able to grow with the business
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A screening call with the Senior Recruiter ~30 minutes
- A Case Study ~ 72 hours
- Technical interview with the hiring manager ~30 minutes