Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Capital Management
Job Type: Full-time
Division/Department: Human Capital Management
Directly Reports to: GM, BSG
Supervises: HR BP, HR BSO & HR Analyst
- The HHCM is a senior member of the OER executive team and is primarily responsible for the assurance of the appropriate manpower needs (quality and numbers) of OER’s operations.
- This role is responsible for the articulation, implementation and leadership of OER’s people strategy; the validation of policies and procedures on all HR issues and assures their relevance and consistent application. You will provide leadership for the HR entity and ensure effective HR representation within the business context.
- You will provide guidance and counsel to the leadership team, managers, supervisors, and employees of OER on a variety of issues to include but not limited to employee relations, conflict resolution, interpersonal communications, leadership alignment, team cohesion, learning and development, change management, organization development, compensation and benefits, company policies and procedures.
- You will design and align HR initiatives that are in line with OER’s business strategy and objectives, contribute to OER’s business plans with an understanding of its people and organizational implications, participate as an integral member in the strategic planning process of OER, create and execute strategic plans to improve OER’s performance through people development programs and initiatives, and act as a consult and facilitator with all managers to ensure effective hiring decisions are made, and ensure full execution of sourcing plan.
- You will lead the design, development, implementation and evaluation of the total compensation and talent management strategies in alignment with OER’s overall vision and identify and proactively raise organizational issues and trends; diagnose processes, structures and approach; recommend alternatives for improved effectiveness.
- You will be responsible for the development of your team members by conducting regular evaluations against defined expectations, and correct any deficiencies through coaching, mentoring and instructing.
- With strong E&P industry experience and excellent relationship management skills, you will lead the Human Resources team (where required) in discussions and negotiations with Trade Unions, Government Authorities, Vendors, Professional Bodies and JV Partners.
- You will also oversee the preparation of the company’s manpower, recruitment, training and succession plans, and drive a balanced and consistent implementation process.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Assures that OER has the appropriate manpower (quality and numbers) to meet its operational needs.
- Validates all policies and procedures on all HR issues and assures their uniform and consistent application
- Supervise the HR entity
- Participates in the strategic decisions of the company (organisation, security, operations, financing, business development) and ensures effective HR representation on issues.
- Oversees the formulation and review of all HR strategy regarding recruitment, staffing, training, career development, employee relations and remuneration.
- Ensures that the CEO and other members of the Top Management are well informed on critical HR issues.
- Leads the Human Resources team in discussions and negotiations with the unions during the annual Salary & benefits negotiations and other important meetings.
- Oversees the preparation of the company’s Manpower, Recruitment, Training and Succession Plans and drives a balanced and consistent implementation.
- Represents Human Resources in meetings with authorities and partners (TECOM, OPCOM meetings) and liaises with oil industry trade groups, professional bodies and government authorities as may be necessary.
- Oversees the execution of employee local and international development programs
- Directs the annual Performance Appraisal exercise, ensuring fairness, equity and merit.
- Directs and supervises industry remuneration and job matching surveys to ensure OER remains competitive.
- Ensures the development of the HR profession and staff in the company and gives direction and support to the HR entities at the Corporate and Regional levels.
- Ensures the effective and uniform implementation of all HR policies, rules and procedures in all Divisions, of the company.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Efficient and uniform application of HR policies and procedures
- Effective Human Resources support for operational activities throughout the company
- Conducive industrial relations climate.
- Effective representation of HR at company Management level.
Qualifications & Experience
- B.Sc. in Humanities, Social Sciences or other fields with at least 15 years relevant experience
- Ability to communicate at all levels and give objective advice on issues
- Strong skills in negotiations and diplomacy
- Good knowledge of OER’s business and structure
- Aptitude for information synthesis, autonomy and decision making
- Strong leadership and influencing qualities
- Must be a good coach and mentor.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
- Human Resources Strategy Development and Execution
- Track record of involvement with the HR Value Systems: Manpower Planning; Recruitment, Selection and Placement, Training, Career Development and Performance Management; Workforce Profiling and Human Resource Information Systems Management
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills
- Decision making Skills
- Influence and interpersonal skills
- People management & leadership skills
- Internal consulting skills
- Presentation skills
- Data management
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online