9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, CIVE Operations
Job ID: IRC4515
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the Core, IP, VAS and enterprise platform, ensure integration of all new CIVE nodes to meet EMTS’s network quality standards and provide high level support on all (e.g. Short Message Service Centre, Voice Mail System etc.)
- Oversee all CIVE operations and ensure adequate support is provided for the smooth running of 9mobile Nigeria CIVE network operations.
- Oversee the Operation and maintenance of EMTS’s switching systems, Core and VAS network to ensure optimal performance.
- Manage and co-ordinate installations in support of future Mobile Switching Centre (MSC) growth.
- Develop and ensure proper implementation of detailed activity plans with respect to CIVE operations.
- Ensure continuous Preventive and corrective Maintenance of CIVE Equipment, facilitate prompt response to faults and proactive mitigation of anticipated problems.
- Troubleshoot all CIVE nodes such as Mobile Switching Centre (MSC), Visitor Location Register (VLR), Home Location Register (HLR) IP BASED nodes (Routers and switches) and all Value added services nodes not limited to IP nodes as required to prevent, isolate and resolve network faults.
- Oversee the resolution of all faults in the Core and VAS, IP AND ENTEPRISE network operations environment and provide on-site remedial support as required.
- Ensure constant availability and stability of all CIVE nodes and management, maintenance of all CIVE equipment in the data centers
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure all actions and decisions taken are in the Interest of EMTS
- Oversee the development and implementation of processes and procedures to prevent fraud on the commercial data service
- Ensure the IP/MPLS network and infrastructure are running smoothly and efficiently managed
- Complete node documentation and test logs for commissioning and integration as required.
- Ensure the implementation of approved modifications to switches to reflect changes such as new billing/tariff rates, using approved switch procedures.
- Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to Core, VAS, IP and Enterprise network operations policies, standards, guidelines, and operations and take action as required.
- Implement the Core, VAS, IP, and Enterprise Nodes quarterly end to end network health check program in line with agreed procedures and guidelines.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
- Oversee the efficient and cost-effective operation of Core and VAS platform equipment on EMTS’s network according to required time schedules and quality standards.
- Oversee, in conjunction with the Head, VAS (Network Engineering), the implementation of new services that impact on the Core, VAS and IP/Enterprise platform.
- Develop and monitor a proactive maintenance cycle on all Core VAS, IP/Enterprise platforms and infrastructure and ensure regular update of system documentation.
- Develop innovative approaches to preventing and salvaging Core and VAS platform and infrastructure from security breaches.
- Consistently refine operating processes, systems and platforms to facilitate continuous improvement and ensure network operations meet operational delivery requirements.
- Serve as the unit’s primary liaison with third-party vendors and initiate regular meetings to agree on service levels.
- Manage vendor performance and ensure agreed SLAs are achieved.
- Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to Core and VAS, IP/Enterprise operations, standards, guidelines, and operations and take action as required.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Network Operations.
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Postgraduate degree/relevant professional qualification
- Minimum of Ten (10) years work experience with at least three (3) years in managerial role.
- Network Availability and Capacity Management
- Control Network Technologies
- Technology Management
- Service Continuity Management, Monitoring and Control.
- Delegation/ Supervisory
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online