Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Head, Business Analytics
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Purepay – Transaction Switching & Payment Processing roup
- To enable effective decision making based on insights delivered to the business. Build, manage and steer a team of data analysts, data scientists and data engineers.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the delivery of analytics services/data products to the business. Cocreate value with other business lines and service teams within the business to drive profitability and improve customer experience.
- Achieve Level 5 Data Maturity Score by defining, planning, and implementing roadmap to close the identified gaps
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather insight requirements
- Translate the requirements into specifications that will be used to analysis the specified data
- Work with the business lines and service team to source for and acquire data where required.
- Effectively plan tasks across multiple projects simultaneously with different requirements, needs, and priorities.
- Mentor team member and provide leadership and vision to the team
- Work with Data & Analytics Excellence to achieve compliance with the stipulated best practices and standard regarding data analytics.
- Provide support as required to assist the business in applying the generated insights.
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented as regards acquired data and working documents used for analysis and generating actionable insights.
- Provide technical assistance to team members.
- Provide insights that will improve Purepay’s products, services, marketing, and customer experience.
- Provide training and assistance to users for ad hoc reports.
- Design and implement best practices, guidelines, and repeatable processes as it relates to job functions.
- Academic Qualification(s): Good First Degree in Computer Engineering / Science / Statistics / related field.
- Professional Qualification(s): Relevant Certifications in analytics tools such as Tableau, Power Bi and any data engineering/science tools is an added advantage.
- Professional knowledge of state-of-the art tools and methodologies.
- Proven leadership skills in managing a team.
- Experience (Number of relevant years): Minimum of 10 years in an Analytics role inclusive of 5 years in related roles for data driven purpose such as business analysis, operations reporting, statistics, project management reporting, etc and at least 3 years in a Managerial position.
Application Closing Date
19th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online