Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Project Finance Controller
Type of Role: 18 month Fixed Term Contract
Functional Area: Business and Professional Services
Reports To: Head of Project Finance
Grade: GH Grade 4
Travel Required: Potential for global travel
Through Programme Y.O.D.A (Your Organisation’s Data and Analytics), we are changing our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution; revising our processes and working practices in relation to Finance, Grants, Programmes and Projects, and Logistics and Procurement; and have developed a new Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) solution. Our new ERP solution will strengthen our business processes, leading to a more data driven and transparent organisation, which in turn, will make us more efficient and sustainable.
Purpose of the Role
- The purpose of the role is to lead the monitoring, support, and continuous improvement of the management of the financial aspects of all PIIs projects (Sponsorship, grants and other funded) throughout the ERP transition.
- The role will work in close partnership with the Global Hub Projects team, Global Hub Accounting Services team and the Global Grant and Partnership Finance Business Partners.
- She/He will lead Global Hub Project Finance monitoring and support to colleagues in country offices and programme units worldwide to ensure they are able to fulfil the financial aspects of projects efficiently and effectively in particular to maintain adherence to Plan International grants finance management standards at any point during the transition.
Dimensions of the Role:
- The role manages 4 to 6 Project Finance Account Managers (Grade 3s)
- Work with the Project Management Specialists, Global Grants and Sponsorship Finance Partners, Regional Finance Managers, and other key members of the Global Finance team to support the delivery of high-quality global Plan Project Finance management.
- Lead a regional-based customer service approach to supporting the country office and programme office colleagues to ensure they meet project accounting requirements.
- Lead a team of geographically dispersed grants and sponsorship finance specialists (4 to 6 Project Finance Account Managers) and manage their performance across all activities in order to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
- Lead Global Hub Project Finance Account Managers transition monitoring and support to COs operating under SAP to COs operating under D365/YODA before, during and after rollout to ensure COs strengthen their approach to project accounting on both systems.
- Lead or support (in line with YODA planning) delivery of training to cover all aspects of project finance, cost recovery, quality income, interdependencies, in Partnership with the Project Management team to increase skills and capabilities in these.
- Lead creation of comprehensive analysis and commentary of CO project performance to be incorporated into regular management reports and financial accounts in partnership with Regional Finance Managers and country Finance Managers.
- Lead preparation and response to Plan International Grants Finance part of the annual statutory audit.
- Contribute to the development of policies and processes and lead the implementation of systems and process improvements worldwide.
- Provide support in DRM crisis situations as required
- Provide strategic advice to senior managers in order to support the successful delivery of Plan International’s mission and strategy.
- Act as a key technical resource within function, providing technical advice and solutions to colleagues in order to support the achievement of Plan International’s strategy.
- Support key internal stakeholders in order to identify opportunities for improvement in their area of the business.
- Champion change by role modelling the behaviour expected from all colleagues, develop and communicate plans to ensure change is successfully implemented within own department.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Senior managers and managers in other teams including CFMS, RFMS, CDs, LT, NOs
- Strong partnering with Project management team and Accounting Services Team
- Global finance community.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Educated to Diploma level or equivalent
- Strong understanding of Projects Financial Management and donors’ financial requirements, ideally gained in INGO in countries of implementation and in Regional or Global Hubs.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAEW/CIMA/ACCA or internationally recognised equivalent) – strong part-qualified accounting will be considered.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and terminology in simple language to non-experts. Writing in plain English.
- Ability to lead cross-cultural, geographically dispersed team of experts.
- Ability to organise large amounts of qualitative data to generate powerful reports and information.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience of using online technology for communication and learning
- Fluent in English.
- Listens to and consults with others with genuine curiosity and interest to learn
- Proactive approach to co-creation, working with diverse staff across the organisation
- Demonstrates genuine curiosity and enthusiasm to find win-win solutions when facing challenges and ambiguity.
- Facilitates joint understanding and the development of good practices.
- Inspires trust and support from others, able to build rapport with wide range of groups
- Promotes innovation and learning.
- Takes responsibility for workload and achieving significant results.
- Demonstrably committed to Plan’s goals and values.
- Committed to child safeguarding and research ethics.
- Capacity in Spanish and/or French is highly desirable.
- Experience with SAP and/or D365.
We will be happy to disclose the salary and applicable benefits to applicants as part of this process, however, please kindly note that the salary and employment benefits will be set according to your location and therefore it is not possible to include full details here.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please respond to the requirements of the role in your cover letter.
- Only CVs and cover letters in English will be accepted.