The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Fullstack Website Developer (Volunteer)
Host Entity: African Girls Empowerment Network (AGE Network)
Duration: 10 weeks
Number of Assignment: 5
Sustainable Development Goal: 5. Gender equality
Expected Start Date: Invalid Date
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required?: 11 – 20
Description of assignment title: Develop website for AGE Network
Mission and Objectives:
- African Girls Empowerment Network (AGE Network) was established in October 2015 as a Charity/Community Based Group with the primary focus to end child marriage and advance gender equality in girls’ education, promote women’s good health, Leadership and economic inclusion in Africa for a Fairer Future.
- In September 8, 2016, the Company registered with Corporate Affairs Commission Nigeria (CAC), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and attained a status of 501[c] non-profit organization with Tax Identification Number and certified as a Designated Non-Financial Institution (DNFI) by Special Control Unit against Money Laundering an arm of Economic and Financial Crime Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Our Mission: To empower, support and protect the human rights of African women and girls for our generation and most importantly the generations next.
- Our Vision: Our Vision is to be Africa’s No.1 women and girls’ capacity development and economic empowerment hub, a platform through which Gender Equality will be attained in Africa.
- The successful candidate with a good working knowledge of developing a website, backend, and frontend, design, managing website contents, regular posting of updates, creating social media ads via google ads, Facebook, Knowledge of Microsoft Azure & Microsoft Dynamic 365
- The successful candidate will join our Design unit and work with our website team.
- As part of the effort to advance the human rights and inclusion of women and girls, the African Girls Empowerment Network seeks to maintain a strong and regular up-to-date online presence to help members access timely information and support.
- We need a qualified and experienced full-stack website developer to Volunteer in developing and setting up our website.
- The Volunteers will help design both the frontend and backend of the website and set up the website for our organization
- We particularly welcome a Volunteer with knowledge and experience in full-stack website development.
- Volunteer must be willing to complete the task once engaged
- Priority will be given to those with proven track records of work experience and successful volunteering on similar projects.
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Required.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Intereted and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online
- United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals.
- We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.