Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihoods Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: FSL Officer
Proposed start date: June 2022
Job Categorty: Programmes – FSL
Level: Entry Level
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Assistant who will work under the direct guidance and supervision of the FSL Officer to support the implementation of FSL activities in the target area of project implementation.
- The role shall involve direct contact with the project’s beneficiaries, vendors, local and community leaders, and other key stakeholders that are relevant and critical in the implementation of the FSL component of the BHA-funded Project.
- Facilitate community mobilization towards cash and voucher programs in targeted communities;
- Facilitate engagement and meetings with community and LGA level stakeholders towards achieving project objectives;
- Facilitate trainings and other capacity-building activities on relevant aspects of the interventions at the field level under the guidance of the FSL officer;
- Work with traditional and local authorities to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities for emergency food assistance;
- Collect information on a regular basis to enable surveillance to ensure the BHA project implementation is achieving the expected result;
- Collect and document relevant information from the field to facilitate learning and inform key program decisions with the support of the FSL Officer;
- Support the M&E team in planning, collections, and management of key program data such as price monitoring, proxy update, etc;
- Support beneficiary registration by collecting accurate beneficiary data the right tools as may be assigned;
- Participate in the monitoring and supervision of vendors’ activities before and during disbursement to support beneficiaries’ transactions;
- Contribute to the development of project community mobilisation strategies for successful targeting and registration of beneficiaries for the cash & voucher based food assistance interventions;
- Implement sensitisation activities for targeted communities about organization and project objectives and activities with support from SEMA, IOM camp managers, Community Volunteers, traditional leaders, and other key stakeholders;
- Support the verification of the beneficiaries to ensure the project reaches only the most vulnerable households.
- Minimum of a National Diploma in Agriculture, Economics, Business Management or related field.
- At least one (1) year of relevant experience in the field of FSL.
- Fluency in English, Kanuri, and Hausa languages.
- Willingness and ability to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of FSL.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Agriculture issues.
Starting Gross Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN183,056 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.