Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Reporting Officer
Job Type: Full-time
- The purpose of this position is to assist the Chief Financial Officer in executing the financial control function. Supervise and coordinate the finance operations activities of the bank.
- The financial control officer is primarily responsible for overseeing internal and third parties payables, finance operation functions, payroll review and analysis, regulatory reporting and trial balance substantiation.
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines on financial reporting and disclosure – supervise the preparation and rendition of periodic returns to Central Bank of Nigeria and reviewing the reports of same.
- Ensure the adequacy of the bank’s financial reporting process and compliance with regulatory guidelines and IFRS.
- Preparation of reports on strategy implementation updates, performance analysis, annual budget document, financial highlights and performance indicators to management
- Oversee the timely statutory audit of the bank
- Liaise with key units – particularly risk management on capital adequacy & allocation and liquidity planning & analysis of the bank
- Environmental analysis of competition and regulatory policies that affect the bank
- Relationship management with external stakeholders – regulators, tax authorities, industry experts etc.
- Supervise the handling of staff tax matters – staff PAYE related matters with tax consultants with regards to computation, filing and obtaining tax clearance cards.
- Minimum of BSc in Accounting or related discipline and relevant professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a similar role
- Effective leadership ability, report writing skills, -Good use of Microsoft office tools, knowledge of data analytics etc.
Why join Kuda?
Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Full pension contribution
- Reliable health insurance.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online