Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Crime Analyst
- The Financial Crimes Investigation Unit is part of the Legal, Risk, and Compliance Department in Chipper Cash.
- The team is focused on in-depth financial crimes investigations in order to make sure Chipper Cash is in compliance with the rules and regulations in all jurisdictions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Reviewing and authorizing investigations conducted by the First Line of Defense analysts, ensuring all standards set by internal procedures are met and in line with internal risk appetite
- Conducting in-depth sanction, PEP, and financial crime investigations of existing users to ensure any and all relevant risks to Chipper Cash are properly identified and mitigated
- Performing Payment Screening alert review with subsequent discounting or escalation of any potential suspicious activity to the Global MLRO
- Performing Transaction Monitoring case reviews with subsequent discounting or escalation any potential suspicious activity to the Global MLRO
What You Should Have
- Minimum of five years’ experience in conducting Financial Crime Investigations, sanction/PEP reviews, and overall risk assessments
- Vast knowledge of AML regulations and regulatory bodies
- Superb analytical skills with an eye for details
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and evolving company
- A strong team player who is able to work effectively both in a team environment and on their own independently
- Self-motivation and the ability to take the initiative and adapt to constant changes
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online