Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance System Analyst
Location: Nigeria (Globally Flexible)
Type of role: 2 year Fixed term contract with possibility of extension
Functional Area: Global Finance
Reports To: Head of Financial Systems
Effective Date: ASAP
- Plan International is an independent children’s rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
- We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future.
- We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Programme Y.O.D.A (Your Organisation’s Data Analytics) is an organisational programme through which we will change our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution, revise our processes and working practices in relation to Finance, Grants, Programmes and Projects and Logistics and Procurement, and develop a new Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) solution.
- Our new ERP solution will strengthen our business processes, leading to a more data driven and transparent organisation, which in turn, makes us more efficient and sustainable.
- Our MERL solution will enable us to use data-driven insights to design, deliver and evaluate gender-transformative programmes and influencing, so we can reach 100 million girls. Together, they will help us understand the cost and impact of our projects, so we can make more informed decisions as we deliver our global strategy.
- The introduction of a new ERP system provides a good opportunity for revising the outdated operational manuals and integrating the principles from those policies into the content of training material.
- The main purpose of this role is to support the testing, training and rollout phase of programme Y.O.D.A. The incumbent will consistently apply relevant financial processes and procedures and ensure the testing and training aligns to the revised operational manuals.
Dimensions of the Role
- The incumbent will report to the Head of Financial Systems and work closely with the Head of Global Accounting and other Systems Analysts and BPO’s. During rollout of the system to the countries, the incumbent will work closely with the Country Finance Managers and Learning & Development.
- The incumbent will be responsible for testing the standard system build and adapting it to the specific requirements in the countries as we roll out the solution.
- The main emphasis will be the general ledger processing and month end closing. A full understanding of what can be achieved in D365FO is required, and the ability to adapt the standard to the way banking is executed in each country is what will be needed.
- The incumbent will interact with Plan International’s senior management, validating and documenting any changes necessary for updating the operating manuals.
- You will also work with the Programme Y.O.D.A Learning & Development Manager and other functional training leads to develop virtual and digital learning content and to ensure that training content for Finance, in particular general ledger, month-end closing aligns to Programme Y.O.D.A learning solutions and integrated application of Plan’s processes and ways of working.
- Working closely with Head of Finance Systems- be a champion in promoting use of system solutions, drive forward large-scale ERP transformation across Plan Worldwide and contribute to the successful delivery of new ERP Solution. Overall help drive operational excellence for Global Finance functions.
- Drive final testing and user acceptance of the finance solution, includinggeneral ledger processing and month end close.
Localisation of Processes for Roll outs:
- Liaise with country staff to achieve efficient financial and month end processes in the country context.
Design, development and evaluation of training/learning solutions:
- Develop, deliver and communicate system learning solutions for thefinance ERP system to meet key priorities for diverse end users globally
- Work with the Y.O.D.A Learning & Development Manager to ensure that learning meets functional requirements, considering appropriate delivery channels
- Ensure content and delivery includes the Introduction to Programme Y.O.D.A and the end-to-end processes overview and promotes collaborative working with other functions, as well as each individual training module for finance transactions and reconciliations to ensure staff are equipped to use the new ERP system and to consistently apply relevant processes and procedures
- Work closely with relevant ERP Business Process Owner (Finance) and ensure content of courses and modules are relevant, aligned with supply chain functional processes, aligned to the content of the Operations Manual and are up to date
- Collaborate with relevant Country Office, Regional Hub and Global Hub staff to ensure the design and methodology is relevant to diverse group and individual requirements
- Ensure training is available in English, French and Spanish and that Portuguese and Arabic focal points have key material for translation in a timely manner
- Provide initial coaching and ongoing support to the trainers on the above courses and manuals.
Coordination of operations manual revision:
- Identify the appropriate content to include in the end-to-end processes overview, as well as training modules for the deployment of the new ERP system.
- Ensure any changes in processes, principles or procedures are communicated and are reflected in training materials
- Other tasks as required and stepping in to cover work when needed.
Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion:
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
- This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
- This post interacts within the Global Finance team at Global Hub Woking and Country Offices across Asia, Africa and South America. This requires building of good working relationships with staff from Executive to Programme Unit level.
Technical Expertise, Sskills and Knowledge
- A working knowledge of the Finance modules of D365FO.
- Good understanding of accounting, the general ledger and month-end close business processes.
- Extensive experience of working within System Focused roles, preferably using large scale ERP system covering Finance.
- Experience of system testing and preparation of training materials
- ERP/ D365 knowledge on both global implementation and business use.
- Knowledge of end-to-end business processes in ERP.
- Strong knowledge and experience of applying financial accounting controls.
- Knowledge and awareness of generally applicable financial policies and procedures.
- Be customer service focused and have support oriented approach for country offices.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, with financial and non-financial staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to take an issue, then plan and deliver a solution using own initiative, with little guidance.
- Ability to take ownership for completion of tasks. Works well within a team.
- Promotes continuous improvement, innovation and learning.
- Committed to Plan’s work with an understanding of and being a role model for Plan’s aims and values.
- Educated to or working towards a relatable Accounting Degree or qualification (e.g. ACCA).
- Knowledge of ERP system processes across – Programme Management & Logistics functions and its integration with Finance will be advantage
- Experience within an IT System Support role is a plus.
- Experience of supporting multiple countries in resolving system issues.
- Experience of roll out of an ERP system.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable:
- We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent.
- We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact:
- We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls.
- We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together:
- We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors.
- We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals.
- We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering:
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace.
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- Typical office environment but role requires traveling occasionally.
Level of contact with children
- Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction.
- We will be happy to disclose the salary and applicable benefits to applicants as part of this process, however, please kindly note that the salary and employment benefits will be set according to your location and therefore it is not possible to include full details here.
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please respond to the requirements of the role in your cover letter.
- Only CVs and cover letters in English will be accepted.
- Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.