ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reporting To: Head of Finance
Line Management: None
- The post holder will ensure maintenance of adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers.
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of ActionAid Nigeria and partner organizations.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports as required by the project
- Attend to project specific internal/external audit
- Work with the Head of Finance on the financial planning processes of the long term (three-year planning) and short term (annual budgeting) plans that feed into the National Plans.
- Work with other members of the project team in planning and forecasting
- Follow through ActionAid Nigeria’s communication procedures with donor and implementing partners
- Strictly adhere to AA Nigeria policies and procedures and observance with agreement or donor Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Support Implementing partners organisations’ grant management process
- Provide organizational development support to Implementing partner organisations
- Support capacity assessment, financial and accounting processes review, and prepare reports on partner organizations as may be assigned by the Head of Finance
- Provide financial support to fundraising and proposal writing for the organisation
- Monitor and review staff advances, retirements, and post hold journals
- Responsible for reconciliation of projects, bank accounts and other assigned ledgers
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager and Management.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Entire AAN staff
- External: AAN Partners, donors and other stakeholders.
Education / Qualifications
- First Degree in Accounting / Finance.
- Relevant accounting professional certification.
- At least three (3) years post NYSC experience, which should have been spent in a finance position.
- Experience in implementing financial control systems.
- Sound practical knowledge of any accounting software and Spreadsheets.
- Development sector experience as a finance person.
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- High sense of Integrity
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative.
- Knowledge of SUN accounting software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self-motivated person able to work without close supervision.
- Able to effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send as an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and Location eg: “Finance – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.