Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation and have been working in Nigeria since February 1996.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Toro, Bauchi
Employment Type: Contract
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Execute administrative and finance related tasks and follow up of mission accountancy to support the Finance Manager following MSF standard and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources to achieve project objectives
- Implementing cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, assisting the mission Fin Manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to en-sure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Processing the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity
- Carrying out all accounting tasks and activities, classifying, preparing and filing of all accounting pieces in accounting software, in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Following up of all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Finance Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Finance Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Any other administrative task delegated by the Finance Manager.
- Essential: Diploma in Finance, Business or administration related courses.
- Essential: 2 year working experience as Finance Assistant.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Result and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behaviour flexibility, Service Orientation, Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV with cover letter and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Incomplete applications will be automatically discarded.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
- MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position.