Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Monitoring Specialist
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting To: Platform Analysis & Monitoring Lead
- This role is responsible for assisting the platform and Analysis lead in monitoring and maintaining MD/NMD meters in the network for optimal remote reading and data collation for strategic analysis and investigation.
- Coordinate field activities and provide analytical report on status of MD/NMD AMR/AMI meters.
- Coordinate with IT in fixing the communication issue of AMI meters in the network.
- Coordinate the configuration and setup of all meters on the platform.
- Manage the modification of MD customer information on CIS to new AMI/AMR meter for remote reading.
- Reprogram meter to correct CT/VT rating on AMR meters to remove the occurrence of multiplying factor in billing.
- Coordinate analysis of energy consumption for discrepancies and energy losses.
- Coordinate with Revenue Optimization and Monitoring unit on accurate back billing and revenue loss calculation.
- Report monthly on identified cases of meter tampering/energy theft for maintenance.
- Spool from the MS/TMR server of online/offline customers monthly.
- Prompt setup of installed DTs, Feeders, LVMD and HVMD on CIS/TMR.
- Proper account maintenance of customer information on TMR.
- Coordinate with Energy Audit and Undertaking staffs in maintenance of DT meters.
- Coordinate with Power Allocation Team in measuring supply availability on feeders meters via TMR.
- Remote compilation of AMR/AMI meters for billing to MDMM engineers.
- Issue seal to user department/unit for field operations.
- Generate monthly report on disbursement of seal to the relevant departments/units.
- Coordinate quarterly stock taking of various seals and sim in the store.
- Drive team performance and compliance.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- This role requires a First Degree in Engineering or Social Science
- Requires a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience with advanced/ extensive knowledge of principles and complex techniques gained through broad experience.
- Electricity Regulations and Policies
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Customer Focus
- Customer Support
- Energy Loss Reduction Techniques Management.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online