Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organisation committed to ending world hunger. For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have been working to fight undernutrition and support communities affected by crisis across the globe. We carry out innovative, lifesaving programmes in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster risk reduction, Mental Health and Care Practices, Food security and Livelihoods and Social Protection.
Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security and livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. Action Against Hunger Nigeria programme is supported by FCDO, ECHO, GAC, BHA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, AFD, SIDA and GFFO.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Manager
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job type: Full time
Proposed start date: May 2022
Reporting to: Area Coordinator
Department: Operations Senior Manager/Supervisor
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Field Manager who will be responsible for the overall management of the operational aspects in support to the program team.
- The field manager will work closely with technical coordinators to ensure proper planning and implementation of activities as per work plans, ensuring that the mission’s procedures are respected and followed by the field teams, and serve as the team leader and security focal person.
- Ensure proper PCM (Project Cycle Management) follow up and implementation of project activities in line with the different work plans through line management of the POs (Program Officers) and under the technical guidance of the Technical Coordinators;
- Ensure good level of coordination and integration of new program assessments and project evaluations in project areas;
- Support and guide the POs (Program Officers in the development of potential partnerships/alliances;
- Closely coordinate with Crisis Management Team (Country Director, Deputy Country Director HP, Security Coordinator and Logistics Coordinator) for any developments on the security situation;
- Brief all staff on security and context changes as needed;
- Ensures that AAH policies, procedures and donor regulations applicable to field activities are executed in close collaboration with field team;
- Promotion and defense of humanitarian principles towards all stakeholders;
- Training and reinforcement of understanding and adherence to humanitarian principles by AAH staff;
- Maintenance/expansion of regular relations with field-based donors, authorities and partners;
- Compliance with national laws, regulations and best practices;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related humanitarian studies. Master’s degree will be an additional advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming;
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management);
- Proven ability to translate learning, analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy;
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports;
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines and standards including those of donors;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity, including ability to motivate, train and organize a multi-cultural team;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment;
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities;
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to the field sites;
- Experience in insecure context.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Starting Gross Basic Salary and Benefit
- NGN 830,693 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
Wednesday, 11th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.