Coca-Cola HBC (Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company) is a bottling partner of The Coca-Cola Company. Coca-Cola HBC is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland and has a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange and secondary listing on the Athens Exchange. The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company and operates in more than 200 countries.
Life at Coca-Cola HBC is fast-paced and challenging, with fair rewards and exciting learning opportunities. We promote an inclusive workplace, value diverse views and opinions and always appoint the best person for the job, ensuring equality in our shortlists and appointments. Take up the challenge. Join us!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: External Communications Manager
Job ID.: req33851
Location: Ebute Metta, Lagos
Team: Corporate Affairs and Sustainability
About Your New Job
- Development of the company external communication strategy and maintenance of its editorial calendar to support reputation management and the delivery of other strategic narratives for the business.
Your New Key Responsibilities
- Leverage latest communications technologies and tools to tailor messages to reach multiple audiences using variety of electronic, print, and face-toface approaches and ensure company messages are relevant, consistent, credible, and timely for all key audiences.
- Manage all media related activities and relationships in conjunction with agency by providing information on company activities and achievements, managing and nurturing NBC-media relationships, media interaction events, plant tours, press briefings.
- Coordinate the development of press releases, feature articles, advertorials, videos, info-graphs, and other media content; and assess the impact of the digital & traditional media coverage on NBC.
- Manage NBC’s social media properties including the development of strategies for, creating and publishing of content on all social platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube), monitor site metrics and activity, grow followership and engagement on all platforms.
- Development of content and strategy for NBC senior executive external communications and external engagements
- Development and update of corporate communication assets such company overview presentations, company brochures, company banners and branding, corporate gift materials etc.
- Serve as company SPOC for the maintenance of corporate identity across all publications, visuals, and platforms Support impactful Employer Branding delivery High, positive sustainability profile in priority media via ‘drumbeat’ of sustainability coverage.
Crisis / Issues Management:
- Lead communication and media response and interphase efforts as a member of the company’s IMCR team.
- Working cross-functionally to develop and implement effective crisis and issues management.
- Manage message development and work with the communications team to ensure all stories, social and digital properties reflect current group narratives
- CA&S budget management.
Education / Experience
- Degree in any relevant field
- Member/ affiliate of any recognized PR association
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant communications experience.
Do You Have These Skills?
- Excellent communicator, content creator, digital master
- Excellent written communication skills – can simplify complex ideas into simple, short/sharp content
- Able to identify ‘stories that will sell’ … ‘a nose for news’
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Deep knowledge of media/social media work, masters the measurement of communication
- Drive to make an impact, track record of achievements.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online