First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Mobile App Developer
Job Identification: 469
Job Type: Contract
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to all phases of the entire application lifecycle
- Develop fully functional mobile applications using proper Object-Oriented Programming, Clean Code, and other software principles
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit tests
- Troubleshoot and debug codes to optimize performance
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Participate proactively in technical discussions, estimations, reviews, retrospectives, and meetings to contribute towards a better understanding of user needs, planning new features, and process improvements.
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications, and protocols
- Stay up to date with new technology trends
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of solutions or features assigned and executed successfully
- Estimation accuracy – Defined as the degree of deviation between estimated and actual feature delivery dates
- Product delivery variance – Defined as the difference between the planned and actual delivery date of requirements
- Implementation efficiency – Number of iterations required to deliver the requirements
- Number of product defects discovered post-release
- Defect resolution time – Time is taken to resolve identified software defects
- Number of identified non-compliance
- Number of technology process audit exceptions
- UAT success rate
- Macro: 1 Year Micro: 1 month
- Minimum of a First Degree or its equivalent in Computing or related disciplines
- Masters, MBA, or a recognized professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Proven work experience as a Mobile developer
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App Store or the Android market
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift and Java
- Experience in integrating with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Over 5 years experience in the design and development of iOS/Android apps using Flutter technology.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Have two or more iOS/Android apps developed with Flutter. Either deployed on the AppStore/Google Play or available on Github;
- 5+ years in mobile software development;
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs;
- Understanding of the Agile development life-cycle;
- Experience with automated testing and building;
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, or other version control tools;
- Ability to write readable code, create extensive documentation for existing code, and refactor the previously written code into a readable state.
- Intermediate+ English skills.
- Java/Swift experience;
- Understanding of Android Keyboard API;
- Experience with optimizing applications for Material Design.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with other business unit leads
- Sound conflict management skills
- Creative, results-oriented, and analytical with the strong problem-solving capability
- Good leadership and influencing ability
- Ability to coach/mentor junior developers.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online