Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enterprise Automation, Business Analyst
Job type: Permanent
Department: Centre of Excellence
- To support the vision for platform automation (and other adjacent technologies) to create new or modify existing business processes to meet changing business and market requirements.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the business processes, business applications and relevant integration systems of Interswitch business lines
- Define business problems via in-depth investigation and gathering of technical and non-technical information
- Scope and analyze business requirements and recommend the most efficient platform to resolve identified inefficiencies
- Discover, understand, and assess the changing needs of the business for alignment with existing and emerging technologies.
Client & Customer Management:
- Manages relationships with smaller business lines to ensure their needs are met while supporting senior colleagues in managing more important business relationships
- Have an in-depth understanding of the customer’s needs or expectation with regards a process improvement by identifying and requesting additional information not covered by the customer
- Brings insights into the company to evolve and improve process excellence contributing to the strategy executing for the department.
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Collect and measure the data on targeted attributes through a thoroughly established system to evaluate outcomes by answering relevant questions to the business case
- Examine the data for interpretation to find out relevant information, propose conclusions, and aid in decision making of research problems
- Prepare insightful presentations to highlight key findings from data analysis done.
- Research and recommend digital technologies to create new or modify existing business processes, culture, and customer experiences to meet changing business and market requirements
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research and consultation on technology markets and industry trends within an assigned business outcome
- Keep up to date on knowledge about the industry and related markets being researched in line with Interswitch’s business strategy
- TASKS Requirement elicitation and analysis on business needs
- Data collection and analysis on assigned technology research
- Cross functional stakeholder management
- Project management
- Contributes to the work of the product owner/ product manager as they define a product differentiation strategy.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field with equivalent experience as an Enterprise Automation Analyst
- Evidence of strong industry/sector participation and relevant professional certifications such as: Certified Business Analyst Professional, Agile Project Management, RPA Business Analyst
- 3-5 years in enterprise platform automations, preferably in a reputable financial institution or fintech company
- Managerial Experience – Basic experience of coordinating the work of others (4 to 6 months)
- Reporting line – The Enterprise Automation Analyst reports to the Head, Enterprise Automation
- Collaboration – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- For example, readily involves others to accomplish goals; stays in touch and shares information; discourages “us versus them” thinking; shows appreciation for others’ ideas and input
- Communication – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences; For example, disseminates knowledge, insights, and updates in a polished, precise, and compelling manner; Demonstrates a deep interest in others’ comments
- Creates rich documents and reports
- Resilience – Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations; For example, is calm and professional in difficult situations; continues to work toward objectives; Overcomes obstacles without becoming discouraged; draws lessons from failures; Recovers from setbacks and adversity
- Plans and aligns – Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals; For example, outlines clear plans that put actions in a logical sequence; conveys some time frames; Aligns own work with relevant workgroups; Takes some steps to reduce bottlenecks and speed up the work.
- Knowledge of Technologies – Knowledge of relevant enterprise software technologies including robotics process automation (RPA), productivity tools (Microsoft office suite), project management (JIRA), documentation tools (Confluence), enterprise resource planning and other data query and analysis software such as SQL and Power BI
- Organization – Be familiar with all phases of project management, able to work with people of diverse backgrounds, understand quality control concepts and develop creative and innovative ways to improve business processes
- Effective Interpretation of Customer Requirements – Act as a liaison between the business and technical teams
- Must interpret customer requirements and define them with product functionality; Customer requirements need to be properly translated and communicated in the right technical language so that the development team can easily understand and interpret them
- Risk Management – Demonstrate an understanding and application of risk management policies and procedures; escalate issues when appropriate; Understand Interswitch’s corporate governance structures and processes; Able to adapt own activities and that of less experienced colleagues to ensure compliance with risk management provisions and requirements.
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online