MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer – IP Security, Network
Job Identification: 1118
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager Network Security Planning
- Coordinate high level understanding of multi-services platforms, routing protocols ISIS / RIP / RSVP / OSPF / BGP / iBGP / and trouble shoot down to packet level.
- Guarantee in-depth knowledge of IP/MPLS protocols, NMS systems, firewalls, Cisco works, CIC, identify with Layer 2 and 3 VPN in line with the Service Level Agreements.
- Implement Site-to-site and Remote Access VPN
- Implement firewalling technologies and network access control methodologies.
- Implement mile business connectivity access technologies like GPR
- Implement network access control across different network segment on the IP/MPLS network
- Ensure security and preventative measures for unauthorized access.
- Escalate network related fault and network clearance rate.
- Ensure quality roll-out of new Data/services working with Marketing and IP System planning.
- Perform New Node implementation and cut over.
- Provide Emergency Maintenance on IP/MPLS Network with Security skills High Level trouble shooting.
- Achieve Planned Works Completion rate.
- Liaise with IP vendors, interfacing with TAC center’s and Vendor Tier 2 and 3 support staff.
- Ensure customer insight management & engagement (traditional & new business).
- First Degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
- Cisco Certification to Professional Level required with a bias in Security
- CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional would be an added advantage
- CCIE certification would be an added advantage
- Fluent in English
3-7 years of experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an area of specialization; with experience working with a team
- Prior experience in Telecommunications or Service Provider Functionality is key
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization
- Years high level support of a large Enterprise Environment
- Demonstrate knowledge in Security Policies
- Knowledge of interworking with TAC and other Cisco services.
Application Closing Date
17th March, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online