Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver / Logistics Assistant
Location: Biu, Borno
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Reports to: Administrative / Logistics Officer
Salary Band: G low
- To provide logistics support within Christian Aid’s office in-country. To drive staff, visitors, and goods to required destinations timely and safely including cooperation with officials and checkpoints.
- To maintain all Christian Aid vehicles, including safety equipment.
- To ensure regular maintenance of Christian Aid Vehicle and where requires, ensure any complex vehicle repairs are carried out by the appropriate service provider.
- All staff and visitors are transported to and from their destinations safely and lawfully, within a reasonable comfort as practicable, and on time. This includes the use of seat belts for all passengers. Adherence and familiarity with local, State, and Federal regulatory policies relating to safe driving on all.
- Vehicles are well maintained and free from filth. Servicing and repairs are carried out by appropriate service providers as at when due.
- A valid copy of driver’s license appropriate for the vehicle, daily vehicle checklist, logbook, insurance, and other vehicle documentation up to date
- Positive communication and successful negotiation (in line with Christian Aid’s policies and procedures) with officials and security or police forces, particularly at checkpoints and border crossings.
- Radio (i.e., CODAN) and other communication devices properly used and maintained were applicable
- Administrative support for the sub-office i.e. dispatch and collection of mails; purchase of items; the collection of quotations; support in bank transactions etc
- Carry out any responsibility as may be assigned.
- External: This role holder will have contact with visitors and partners in-country as well as contact with officials at checkpoints etc.
- Internal: The role will work closely with the team in Biu field office and other Country program staff.
Applied Skills / Knowledge and Expertise
- Educated to at least National Diploma level in a relevant field.
- Valid driving license and any other documentation required to drive a vehicle in that capacity.
- At least two years of work experience in a similar role and context.
- Familiar with the INGO sector
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of the use of computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good knowledge of road network in southern Borno, and across Christian Aid focal states.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience working with the humanitarian section around the said environment.
- The ability to speak the local language is desirable.
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2022.