The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Requisition ID: 1176
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports to: Fleet Inspection & Controller
Directorate / Department :AHRMD
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: GSB 7
Number of Positions: 03
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- To provide general protocol services to the AfCFTA
- Provide timely operational support
- Implement operational activities as scheduled and report.
- Assist in the follow up on logistical arrangements, activity implementation and provision of updates.
- Liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Follow up meeting decisions and correspondence outcomes and ensure their implementation.
- Prepare routine office communication and assist in compiling data and information for reporting purposes.
- Assist in the creation, improvement and maintenance of record and retrieval systems
- Follow up on provision and maintenance of office facilities and materials.
- Process Applications for Summary of main duties and responsibilities:
- Drive office vehicles and transport authorized personnel;
- Receive from and drop officials to the airport;
- Observe minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) and ensure compliance; collect and deliver official mails, documents, and other items;
- Take care of the day to day maintenance of assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery and brakes;
- Maintain vehicle logbook and record all official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes and greasing;
- Comply with all the rules and regulations relating to the AfCFTA Secretariat’s management of vehicles planning and coordinating;
- Ensure that vehicle documents are available and valid;
- Perform other related duties as may be required
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A minimum of High School Certificate with a clean valid driver’s license, at least three (3) years of working experience as a driver in a registered international organization, national organization, or public service agency;
- Defensive, VIP driving trainings and/or mechanical trainings and knowledge of computer office applications (MS Word and Excel e.t.c.) are an added advantage;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision,
- Proactive and can maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Integrity, flexible, committed and with ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Good time management,
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
- Risk Awareness and Compliance
- Core Competencies
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating Clearly
- Functional Competencies
- Trouble shooting
- Job Knowledge Sharing
- Task Focused
- Continuous Improvement Awareness
Tenure of Appointment:
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 6,536.00 per annum GSB7 (Step 1) for locally recruited staff of the Commission.
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online