Coca Cola HBC (Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company) is a bottling partner of The Coca-Cola Company. Coca-Cola HBC is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland and has a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange and secondary listing on the Athens Exchange. The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company and operates in more than 200 countries.
Life at Coca-Cola HBC is fast-paced and challenging, with fair rewards and exciting learning opportunities. We promote an inclusive workplace, value diverse views and opinions and always appoint the best person for the job, ensuring equality in our shortlists and appointments. Take up the challenge. Join us!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Distribution Lead
Job ID.: req33606
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Grade: JG 7
About Your New Job
- The Distribution Lead in the plant, oversees coordinating and managing all activities starting from when shipments execution begins to both trade and plant customers.
- The role reports to the Distribution Manager.
Your New Key Responsibilities
- Drive safety in execution of shipments.
- Focus on efficient truck Utilization and drive turnaround time.
- Optimize Resource utilization in daily shipment execution
- Align customer specifics to transportation execution Escalate complex distribution related issues bordering on safety and shipment execution.
- Resolve business issues in areas that impact the shipment execution to achieve DIFOTAI, Deployment Compliance and other key objectives
- Understand and interprets demands and expectation from commercial/manufacturing and other internal customers.
- Follow up on meetings alignments and drive execution intrade/en-route.
- Control the quality aspects of team deliverables in alignment with plant’s /depots targets.
- Escalate impending execution challenges and reflect same in future decisions
- Supervise the implementation trade related change
- management actions as directed by line manager.
- Drives cost through efficient utilization of Distribution and Haulage resources.
- Supports the safety initiatives for drivers and champions same in-trade /en-route
- Maintains cost discipline in overtime and work schedules of drivers Communicate and manage compliance with standard operating procedures for transportation.
- Work with the shop floor team to ensure total acceptance and enthusiasm around new Distribution & Haulage related Processes
- Drive the innovation agenda on transportation execution
- Maintain close collaboration and relationship with drivers to ensure budgeted volume is delivered profitably.
- Act as a major linkage between the shop floor team and the top line managers.
Education / Experience
- HND / University Degree in Social Sciences or any numerate courses.
- Possession of Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- 2-3 years of field experience with previous interface with customers / driver.
- Commercial background is an added advantage.
- Shipment Execution, Order-to-cash knowledge.
Do You Have These Skills?
- Excellent command of the English Language
- Strong business awareness
- Deep Functional Knowledge of Logistics processes.
- Enforcement of standards Business process.
- Understanding complex, detailed Business process and being able to define and enforce same
- Good Communication & inter-personal Skills Computer literate
- Working knowledge of SAP and MS Office
- Administrative and time management skills
- Good leadership skills and ability to comfortably liaise and build relationships with stakeholders
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online