Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Programme Manager – Institutional Engagement
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – Nutrition and Health
Reporting to: Deputy Head of Department Nutrition and Health
Proposed Start Date: October 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Deputy Programme Manager Institutional Engagement who will be responsible to contribute to the successful implementation of nutrition and health program activities in Yobe State through extending capacity building to Local government and health facilities in the program supported areas.
- Coordinate with the respective PMs/project coordinators (where applicable) to ensure that data generated from AAH supported health facilities is submitted to the LGA HMIS for compilation and utilization;
- Update stakeholder contact information at state level and targeted local government area (LGA) for nutrition and health sector on a regular basis;
- Develop health facility matrix for tracking gaps in service provisions, HRH, supplies, technical capacities, information management and availability of policies/guidelines at health facility level;
- Ensure a feedback mechanism is established-between health facility-LGA-state with active participation from State and LGA authorities;
- Work closely with other project staff to ensure that projects’ strategies and approaches are delivered in a coherent and coordinated way and in line with log frame targets;
- In collaboration with the DHODs, Identifying resource people in the SPHCDA to create training modules and their educational material, and contact them, whilst taking consideration throughout of the local cultural context;
- Conduct regular meetings with other AAH project staff or partners to discuss and document lessons learned;
- Regularly report and coordinate with line managers regarding challenges, issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision making;
- Closely coordinate with State/LGA representatives from SMoH and health care agencies responsible for service delivery for the targeted LGAs;
- Build strong partnerships with the government at state and LGA level and other key stakeholder to ensure that AAH projects are in line with government priorities and the successful implementation of the projects;
- Represent AAH professionally ensuring the AAH projects are well regarded at LGA and State level;
- In coordination with the DHOD, ensure streamlined external communication with the LGA and State actors and partners, to ensure harmony internally and externally.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Nutrition, Health Systems, Health Economics, Health policy or related field;
- 3 years’ experience in primary health care system, CMAM AND IYCF;
- Good understanding of health systems strengthening;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of primary health care and nutrition services in Nigeria;
- Previous role at coordination level is required;
- Ability to engage and build effective working relationships at multiple levels with Ministry of Health personnel, implementing partners, NGOs and INGOs;
- Demonstrated ability to develop individual and institutional capacity;
- Fluency in Hausa and English;
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and Policy.
Starting Basic Salary / Benefits
- N579,972 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.