Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Head of Nutrition and Health Department
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Programmes – Nutrition and Health
Level: Manager / Supervisor
Reporting to: Head of Department Nutrition and Health
Proposed start date: October 2022
- Ensure effective integration and coherence of AAH’s nutritional and health activities – primary health care, nutrition surveillance, feeding programs, health system strengthen – in accordance with the AAH country strategy and the national and state ministry of health strategy;
- Support Head of Department Nutrition and Health to ensure the cohesion of the nutrition and health teams within themselves and with the other sector programs;
- With the Head of Department Nutrition and Health; Deputy Country Director (program) and Field Coordinators ensure regular technical support to the nutrition and health program managers: technical induction, follow up, evaluation, and promotion of positive team dynamics and motivation;
- Assist the Head of Department Nutrition and Health in overseeing the work of nutrition and health program managers in order to ensure good compliance of activities within the objectives of the mission and of proposals – this includes regular visits to the teams in the field in order to evaluate achievements; to discuss the constraints encountered, the possible solutions and to make recommendations for current and future programs;
- Support field teams implement measures to ensure rational use of medical supplies in all AAH intervention sites to guarantee a high standard of care;
- Provide technical guidance to the pharmacy team about handling of medical commodity in coordination with Head of Department Nutrition and Health;
- In coordination with the Head of Department Nutrition and Health, participate in all relevant meetings related to nutrition and health, including meetings with donors, partners, sectors and governmental bodies (when required);
- Active participation in LGAs Coordination meetings when required in coordination with Head of Department Nutrition and Health, Field Coordinators and Program Managers;
- Participation in weekly coordination team meetings and any other general team or strategy meetings;
- Contribute to the overall mission and program strategy, narrative and financial project proposals and reporting, in collaboration with Head of Department Nutrition and Health/support department and other program coordinators as necessary.
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Public Health Nutrition, Management or related fields or Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition with experience in sector/partnership coordination;
- At least 6 years of experience in managing nutrition and health programs in underdeveloped/ crisis contexts;
- Humanitarian field experience, preferably with supervisory role;
- Excellent skills in report writing and analysis;
- Sound understanding of national guidelines/protocols; PHC, CMAM, IYCF, IMNCI, RMNCH, PHC,
- Experience communicating in different cultural work environments & with a wide diversity of cultures;
- Experience with external representation and knowledge of cluster mechanisms;
- Good diplomatic, negotiation and conflict/dispute resolution skills;
- Working experience in Northern Nigeria.
Starting Basic Salary
N812,290 Monthly (excluding other benefits).
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply