Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed, or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Finance / Human Resource Coordinator
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Type of Contract: 6-month fixed term contract (Renewable)
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- The Deputy HR / FIN Coordinator works closely with the HR / FIN Co to help ensure proper HR and administrative management of the mission.
- He/she is the back-up of the HR / FIN Co, able to step in and assume the responsibilities of the HR/ FIN Co when s/he is absent.
Additionally, the Deputy HRCo:
- Is the first-line technical referent supporting field admin for national staff administration (rules, procedures, Homere, etc.)
- Is responsible of the daily follow-up and management of the administrative issues
- Advises HRFIN Co and helps ensure legal obligations are respected in the mission.
Legal and administrative management:
- Ensures the good management of all the contracts (employees, lease agreements, car rental, insurances);
- Be the contact person with the lawyer.
- Follows the court cases or the legal procedures with the lawyer;
- Ensures all the, fiscal, social, labour laws are followed and respected in all the administrative issues of the mission;
- When needed, participates to the negotiations for the signature of agreements, MoU, contracts and ensures the legal requirements and the MSF procedures are respected;
- Is the contact person for all the authorities for admin related contacts (Ministries, local authorities for fiscal, legal, labour related issues) and ensures a good communication flow with the HR coordinator about these contacts;
- Lease Agreements/Contract
- Ensures the follow-up of the lease agreements of the mission (capital and field) for houses, warehouses, offices (update and payments).
- Ensures that all the contracts are in accordance with the standard and the law. Keep proper follow up and ensure timely renewal if needed.
- Ensures all the MSF properties are insured and follows closely with the CoTL all the insurance contracts;
- Ensures, in a proper filing system of the documents; all agreements (MOU’s), contracts, employees’ files in the capital office, for capital and all the originals for fields International staff HR and administrative Management Deputy HR Administration Coordinator is responsible for the administrative follow up of expatriates by supervising the Admin Assistant for:
- Acquisition and extensions of visa for expats
- Travel and movements of expats
- Planning implementation of long weekends according to mission policy
- Follow up of initial, midterm and final evaluations of expats National HR and administrative management.
- Is the support for the fields for all the national staff management related questions;
- Controls the recruitment procedures, vacancies, interviews, contracts’ renewals, amendments, ends of contracts…;
- Advices the field admin to ensure consistency and objectivity for disciplinary measures and dismissal;
- Supervises the administrative management in the capital fields: local tax, vacancy notices and recruitment procedures, working hours, general management of the national human resources and daily workers; Ensures all the legal and social laws are implemented on the fields;
- Follows-up the update of the organization charts, job profiles, local rules with the fields admin;
- Facilitates the communication flow between the fields and the capital for all the legal and administrative procedures, helps to write documents on this subject when needed;
JP, Evaluations Trainings:
- Follows the evaluation plan for the mission national staff and makes the evaluations for the staff depending on the administration;
- Prepare and follow up of Expats evaluation plan and make sure the evaluation has been done in time.
- Follows the training plan and proposes/looks for trainings for the identified staff;
- Updates the job profiles for administration staff and helps the other department when needed; External relations
- Facilitates the contacts and the public relations with all the admin related Ministries or State institutions, like the Ministry of Interior;
- Keeps regular contact with other NGO’s about the admin procedures implemented by them. Reporting
- Compiles sitrep for HR Admin Department and monthly HR Admin report. Finance and budgeting
- Compiles the monthly check list for the Hr Administration department
- Compiles and follows up the administration budget for the Coordination project location
- Together with HRCo and the HR responsible compiles and follows-up the HR budget for office
- Together with the HRCo compiles all HR and administration budgets of the mission.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or Legal.
- Essential: 2 year working experience in related position
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management and Development, Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2022 (17h00).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV with Cover Letter and copies of all Certificates and Diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.